High-Horsepower daily drivers ( POST EM UP!)

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Mine was around 500rwhp when it was a DD. That was on a 331 and an S-Trim with water/methanol/nitromethane injection.

It got about 4 mpg. if driven properly. :pimp2:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
400 HP presently, and I"ve driven it about 1 day...

Hicks

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Mine was around 500rwhp when it was a DD. That was on a 331 and an S-Trim with water/methanol/nitromethane injection.

It got about 4 mpg. if driven properly. :pimp2:

hah...hah :-\

Hicks

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:
there is a great joy to knowing that you EARNED what you have.........dont let the extreme grace that is put on others take that Joy from you ;)

I understand what you are saying but the whole reason I bought my car was because it was pretty damn cool, no one else had one, and I've always liked cars... Seeing what these people have done is like stabbing me in the back.

but remember you EARNED yours, blood sweat and tears went into yours..........not your parents pocketbook :nonono:

Look dude, just don't talk to them as much or seperate yourself.
Even if u don't got that much money just spend it well *Exhaust and a system*
And thats where the ladies are.

Hek my mom and dad bought my truck, then i went from there.
I wanted a mustang so badly, i preped, and painted part of my truck myself
and sold it for double, told dad what i wanted. They finaly agreed and i went and got one.
It's More of a.. *You, your mustang* thing, more than it is *You and your little buddies*
But i gues if all my friends went out and got mustangs i wouldn't feel special enymore either.

But thats why im building a 347 stroker 100% Paid for by me. :noes:
If i was you, sell and buy a new edge. Or get the new one if u can through a loan. Differentiate yourself from the others *Business term for it* wow... i learned something in college haha...

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
If you like your car then thats all that matters. I used to hate when I see everyone getting new cars and me driving a 94. But I love my car and wouldn't ever get rid of it. Just be happy with your car. Everyone starts somewhere.

Hicks

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
If you like your car then thats all that matters. I used to hate when I see everyone getting new cars and me driving a 94. But I love my car and wouldn't ever get rid of it. Just be happy with your car. Everyone starts somewhere.

Amen

Hellion94

Reaction score
I'm not there yet, but pretty soon i should be at about the 400 rwhp mark in my yellow DD. currently, I'm at about 250 ish..

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:
there is a great joy to knowing that you EARNED what you have.........dont let the extreme grace that is put on others take that Joy from you ;)

I understand what you are saying but the whole reason I bought my car was because it was pretty damn cool, no one else had one, and I've always liked cars... Seeing what these people have done is like stabbing me in the back.

but remember you EARNED yours, blood sweat and tears went into yours..........not your parents pocketbook :nonono:

ya, what he said, u cant look at the car anydifferently because your family would rather teach u some responsibility versus theirs... i know the feeling though, i go through it everyday at my school, some kids parents will get them any thing they want to and have the money to mod it as they please (obviously they arent into it as i am). but now the tables are about to turn, i got a blower, new hood, pi intake, pi cams, and a few other goodies going on within the next month, it just takes BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS, and i had alot of them.

94pacecar435

Reaction score
last dyno it put 364rwhp and 382rwtq with a stock motor and 10lbs of boost. recently i put longtube headers and a off-road x pipe. im installing a trick flow track heat next week and im hoping to push the 400rwhp mark. as far as gas mileage: around 180 miles to a full tank of gas on the street and 220 on the highway. believe it or not i get better gas mileage with all the mods than when the car was stock. :thumb:

TheBab

Reaction score
450 + hp...

I DD it when I want to...

93k miles on it.

18-20 mpg on the highway

O0

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I used to daily drive my 94 Convertible. 418ci: 347rwhp/442rwtq NA. Only problem was it didn't like the Phoenix heat too much in the summertime, and it got 7 mpg. Nowadays I daily driver my uber-powerful almost stock 95 GT. :)

Paul.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
I used to daily drive my 94 Convertible. 418ci: 347rwhp/442rwtq NA. Only problem was it didn't like the Phoenix heat too much in the summertime, and it got 7 mpg. Nowadays I daily driver my uber-powerful almost stock 95 GT. :)

Paul.

I think that was a misprint......only 347rwhp on a 418 cube motor??? My 91 that I sold a few years ago did over 300 on a bolt on stock block 302

was this on a mustang dyno?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Nope, that's accurate. I had a VERY small cam (.533, 218/228 @ .050, 114) and small-ish intake/TB on it. Plus those numbers were through shorties and stock exhaust. Really.

I wanted the car to be a driver, and it idled and sounded pretty much stock, except the torque was retarded. It was fun, but the new combo is a little more aggressive.

Paul.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
Nope, that's accurate. I had a VERY small cam (.533, 218/228 @ .050, 114) and small-ish intake/TB on it. Plus those numbers were through shorties and stock exhaust. Really.

I wanted the car to be a driver, and it idled and sounded pretty much stock, except the torque was retarded. It was fun, but the new combo is a little more aggressive.

Paul.

damn, what intake was you running on this??

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Edelbrock Performer RPM, 75mm TB. It made peak power at 4600 rpm and flatlined from there. :hammer: It made 400 ft. lbs. as soon as you floored it though. :)

New setup has larger cam, and TFS-R with 90mm Accufab, plus real exhaust. However, compression is pretty low so I think the NA numbers will suck.

Spyder

Reaction score
Im not quite sure where im at as far as HP, im guessing around 320 or so to the wheels

And believe it or not, but she got 32 mpg on the highway when driving to vegas!!!

Hell yeah 10:1 compression and 3:73 gears!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online