How do you guys feel the SN95 is aging?

Tillerman77

Reaction score
The SN95 offers an affordable way to get a V8, stick and RWD together. Something that is becoming a rarity in current production cars. Also, the uncorked sound of a V8 beats most any 4 or 6 cylinder exhaust note (there are exceptions of course).

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Down were I am at a good used one goes for 6 - 7 grand and a used banged up one goes for 4 to 5 grand

I got my 94, which was so bone stock it was a v6, for $7,500!!!

...of course, that would be about 11,800 in today’s money. For whatever reason, that was considered a good price.

I do agree with you , the last car show , I ended up taking my 98 gray gt mustang had kids from probably 18 into there early 30s and some have no idea its a mustang , when I tell them what it is , they want one ,these kids like that body , had one tell me it looks aerodynamic and liked the body lines

Back when I would show my car, it was so out of place. People didn’t bring 90s cars. They weren’t classic, and they weren’t new special editions/modded cars. But it still got a lot of attention, especially from the younger generation. One of my favorite car show memories was parking right next to a row of classic GTOs. 60s muscle cars are still highly sought out after, despite this being a decade ago. So many children would run up to it. They would pass over all the classic goats because they wanted to see THIS car. These kids would be high schoolers, or in their 20s by now. They may even own one!

Several years ago I recall scoring the best parking spot ever. There were several kids (teenagers I’m assuming) standing on the sidewalk right next to it. One of them asked me what year it was. I told them 1994, believing he was asking about the car, and not being sarcastic about me being “da bomb” with 90s stuff.

The car is now so old that people will come up to me and share with me their own memories of ownership. How they owned one in high school and so on. Anyone who has ever owned a true authentic classic knows this is a thing. Total strangers will come up to you and tell you how they used to own one. How great a car it was that you can’t help ask the owner why they got rid of it. People don’t do this with 2005 mustangs. ...but they will. Has anyone here started having people do this with their SN-95?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Even after dumping 10s of thousands into my 97 i still really want to buy another 94/98 vert - completely bone stock - to have as a nice weekend cruiser. I miss when my car was more stock and daily-able cause i got to drive it! I still drive the Mare, but she is more purpose oriented and doesn't due well on streets because of road conditions and race suspension/setup. There's appreciation in these cars if you really know what you've got.

Mustanger

Reaction score
My son bought my 94 back in 1995 so it was pretty new & very low miles. He was on top as King of the Hill with all his friends at that time. He drove it ten years then got a new 04 Black Mach 1 & really WAS on top!

I got the 94 in 2005 as a 99% stock car ( it was lowered on Eibach Suspension & Flowmasters) and been having fun ever since. It had around 135K miles and has 172K now. Paint is a 9.0 still which amazes me, Crystal White is supposed to peel I thought. It has a total of 4 door dings of which only one is really visible without searching.

At first I thought a stock White SN95 was the last car I wanted & definitely not a coupe! I canceled a debt he owed & he gave me the car! As I drove it & added things it started to grow on me & now I really DO love it!

Now I get a lot of looks & thumbs driving it plus so many good comments wherever I go so I'd say it has aged very well indeed! Keeping it clean & the mods I chose really helped. It is so rare to see a really clean SN95 in my area that people seem to notice you more now! Many younger ones do not know a thing about it at all. The Kids LOVE to sit behind the wheel at car shows & get their picture taken. I seem to get a fair amount of trophies at the local shows which I appreciate.

My best validation was when I went to a gathering of cars that were mostly Imports all fancied up for show & Fast & Furious type racing...sounded like a swarm of bees! For whatever reason I pulled in to look and they gave me Best Car I'd drive home in! Chosen by the girl friend of the Top Gun of their crowd! He was a bit crestfallen & I tried not to laugh. It helped when I came in at the top of first gear with my off road H pipe & Magnapacks at full song! My car can be heard all over town @ high RPMS & it looks racy IMO...Think I'll keep it!

Tillerman77

Reaction score
Here in the salt belt (MN), the SN95 is a rare siting in any condition. I occasionally see some DD types in various states of rust/rot. I more rarely see clean ones. My 97 PG Cobra usually gets a nod or a wave or 2 each time I go out. PG is an uncommon color in the first place, but I think it is the sound of the uncorked (muffler delete) exhaust that gets people to look. As @Mustanger said, the V8 rumble attracts attention. I have been asked a few times if it is a real Cobra too (it is).

lutter94

Reaction score
Here in the salt belt (MN), the SN95 is a rare siting in any condition. I occasionally see some DD types in various states of rust/rot. I more rarely see clean ones. My 97 PG Cobra usually gets a nod or a wave or 2 each time I go out. PG is an uncommon color in the first place, but I think it is the sound of the uncorked (muffler delete) exhaust that gets people to look. As @Mustanger said, the V8 rumble attracts attention. I have been asked a few times if it is a real Cobra too (it is).

Where in southern MN? I'm in Jackson, and meet a 94/95 most days driving west out of Spirit Lake IA. It's totally stock and sits outside. Nice to see it around, saw the driver smoking an old pipe once lol.

Tillerman77

Reaction score
Where in southern MN? I'm in Jackson, and meet a 94/95 most days driving west out of Spirit Lake IA. It's totally stock and sits outside. Nice to see it around, saw the driver smoking an old pipe once lol.
Rural Waterville area. I had to search to see where Jackson is - you are right on I90.

Randall Garner

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I got my SN95 2 years ago. With the intention of upgrading it. It’s a street /Strip build. Was a 3.8 car now has a 393w stroker. Fun car. The body style is becoming more popular. These cars have a good stance even stock. Drop it an 1” or 2”. And the car becomes much more sleek. Doesn’t take anymore parts than a fox body to upgrade to an outstanding car, what a bit nicer interior. Find a 03-04. And use it. They seem to come naturally with a bit nicer interior and panels. But are direct fit. Not all fox or even some of the aftermarket plays well My block is a 74 and non of the current fox or sn mounts worked had to go solid. Going motor plate next to ensure I do not split the block

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I got my SN95 2 years ago. With the intention of upgrading it. It’s a street /Strip build. Was a 3.8 car now has a 393w stroker. Fun car. The body style is becoming more popular. These cars have a good stance even stock. Drop it an 1” or 2”. And the car becomes much more sleek. Doesn’t take anymore parts than a fox body to upgrade to an outstanding car, what a bit nicer interior. Find a 03-04. And use it. They seem to come naturally with a bit nicer interior and panels. But are direct fit. Not all fox or even some of the aftermarket plays well My block is a 74 and non of the current fox or sn mounts worked had to go solid. Going motor plate next to ensure I do not split the block

How much power you planning to make?? Windsor blocks, especially older ones have done 1,000hp and held if built correctly and tuned right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Here in the UK, or certainly where I live, the SN95 works well - doesn't look dated or out of place at all.

People seem to know what it is, and I am the only person with one in the town of about 35,000 inhabitants. Always get asked about it and admiration wherever I go.

There's a couple of new ones about though - we can now buy Mustangs at our local Ford dealer, but they are right-hand drive. It's a Mustang - steering wheel should be on the left!!!

TMW

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here in the UK, or certainly where I live, the SN95 works well - doesn't look dated or out of place at all.

People seem to know what it is, and I am the only person with one in the town of about 35,000 inhabitants. Always get asked about it and admiration wherever I go.

There's a couple of new ones about though - we can now buy Mustangs at our local Ford dealer, but they are right-hand drive. It's a Mustang - steering wheel should be on the left!!!

TMW

As much as I agree that the wheel should be on the left, I gotta admit it would be awesome to have a right hand drive version here in the states just to screw with people.

Just imagine the cops passing you on the highway and realizes nobody is sitting in the drivers seat!!!!!!! [emoji1787]

Silver95bird

Reaction score

TMW
Cant buy a new "T-5" there, mate?

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2017/01/12/german-for-mustang

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

MyLittlePony

Reaction score

Doesn’t seem out of place?

I used to frequent UK chat rooms on AOL back in the late 90s. I got my 94, in 98, and every MOFO had one. It was probably the biggest issue I had with the car at the time. I had a pic of myself next to my car, as 16yos do, and would share it whenever asked, which was pretty much demanded on the spot once they found out you were a girl. I remember the reaction in the UK rooms differed from all the others. People didn’t believe I owned the car. It was a rare exotic to them. To prove it, I had a website, with various of other pics, and I remember them making a big deal about the gauge cluster. The fuel gauge read full. Apparently that’s not a thing that happens in the UK either. Rare exotic with a full tank of gas. Gas was a little over a dollar a gallon back then, so I was just as puzzled as they were.

Nowadays, mustangs are still very common, but I could go months without seeing another SN95.

Sn95qc

Reaction score
The SN95 is really a cool car but its in the same spot the fox was not too long ago where its not old enough to be an « antique ». Give it time and interest in the SN will rise. It looks cool, has decent performance, the chassis is solid (unlike the fox) and is in a sweet spot between old and new technology. Also, in my opinion, the SN95 is the Mustang that looks best when lightly modified. You can really make that car look mean with not too much effort...

Reaction score
My sn95 has updated Bullit wheels,added fog lights, has been painted and I get compliments from people on how nice the car looks. Its a 3.8 v6. I enjoy putting the top down and driving up to the lake. I was driving past the high school one day and three girls crossed in front of me, looked at the car and all gave a thumbs up...if it impresses todays kids then the car is still in vogue !

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
The fuel gauge read full. Apparently that’s not a thing that happens in the UK either. Rare exotic with a full tank of gas. Gas was a little over a dollar a gallon back then, so I was just as puzzled as they were.

A dollar a gallon. We can dream - I paid £1.25 a litre yesterday and that was cheap!

Regards

TMW

MustangRC

Reaction score
$40k later on multiple-mods over a span of 23 years (formerly turbocharged OHV 5.0; now Coyote-swapped), I am still fond with my 94 Cobra. People that see it either love it or just plain don't care about it (probably because they don't know its heritage). It's been modded so many times that it's value will most likely never go up, even when SN95s get their due, but that's okay. I never intended to have the car sit pretty so it can be a collectible, anyway.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
$40k later on multiple-mods over a span of 23 years (formerly turbocharged OHV 5.0; now Coyote-swapped), I am still fond with my 94 Cobra. People that see it either love it or just plain don't care about it (probably because they don't know its heritage). It's been modded so many times that it's value will most likely never go up, even when SN95s get their due, but that's okay. I never intended to have the car sit pretty so it can be a collectible, anyway.

That’s how I feel. I don’t understand buying a car to just let it sit unmodified.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the amount you put into it and the resale value of all of it only comes into concern if you plan on selling the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online