how many of us are using the moates quarterhorse

tommybunz

Reaction score
im starting this thread to find out just how many of us are using this and if enough of us are we should start a help section or post or accomplishments with what we have done with it who's down for it.

OP
OP
T

tommybunz

Reaction score
damn guys i figured people would get a better and faster response here rather than those slow forums taht take months for a response

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Go to the tuning section, theres some info on the Quarterhorse inthere.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
adam95gt is.
just bought it and has never tuned a car before so in the same boat as most.

OP
OP
T

tommybunz

Reaction score
exactly, thats what i was trying to get help for people who need the basics

95PGTTech

Reaction score
most people would rather make stupid comments on these forums and up their post counts as opposed to working and racing, don't let it get to you. adam is waiting on headers to start tuning his car.

95-stang

Reaction score
I'm using it and trying to get to get to grips with it.
A well known supplier of tunes wrote me a custom tune to get me going, it threw more check lights than you can imagine, though he did refund me.
Another guy on a tuning forum wrote me one for nothing and its pretty near perfect, just need to datalog to see where [if at all] it needs any fine tuning.

OP
OP
T

tommybunz

Reaction score
nice glad u had good luck with your's. the best site i have been on so far was tuneexchange. if you have binary editor just save the downloads you have and add the templetes to your tune and its done. but there is a guy here i think his name is 2000gt or dirty dirty racing who does tunes with moates software.

OP
OP
T

tommybunz

Reaction score
also i think addermk2 knows how to use the QH pretty good

95PGTTech

Reaction score
is there any way to verify that a used quarterhorse is working correctly, sort of a self-diag? and are there any stock tune files? we're looking for one to fire up a 95gt with stock 306 shortblock, tfs kpi (old school hi port) heads on a wolverine cam, long tubes, bolt ons, cobra injectors and maf

RossA81

Reaction score
95PGTTech said:
is there any way to verify that a used quarterhorse is working correctly, sort of a self-diag? and are there any stock tune files? we're looking for one to fire up a 95gt with stock 306 shortblock, tfs kpi (old school hi port) heads on a wolverine cam, long tubes, bolt ons, cobra injectors and maf

Load up a stock 94/95 Cobra tune and bump the idle a little bit for the cam. 900 rpm or so should be fine. Should get you started right up. The cobra tune is the j4j1. You will likely need a wideband and have to play with the MAF curve to get the a/f perfect but the cobra tune should be a good place to start.

Ross