How to make undercover clock pod radar detector.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i actually never noticed new edges have no pod for clocks, lol! i think its cool an creative homie!! 2 thumbs up!

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
ur welcome, so does the new edge have a clock at all? the radio prolly?

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes in the radio, although as you can see mine is changed. I'm pretty anal about time though, so I have the display show the clock at all times haha.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
yea i'd be fn lost without the "car clock" lol! panic attacks n shiit!!

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ha Dal, you could probably do a better job, but you da mastah!

I'm just a half retarded 21 year old ;p

Thanks for the kind words :)

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i'd clean up the wrap a bit, maybe run the wire through the dash.
but i think it's a great idea and like how you can't see it until it lights up.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just didn't want to cut a hole in the dash. One day I'll get a black sn95 dash and swap her out. Right now it runs down through the defroster vent. The wire can be seen from the passenger side, but most people won't notice it.

It's a tough shape to wrap, and the pictures legitimately make it look worse than it is. It's up there, and I'm happy, and she'll stay in one spot for a while. My dash got lonely without it being up there haha!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well i like it. and being on an angle must be nice. your spider senses are tingeling.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pull the windshield defroster vent piece on the front and with a coat hanger you can fish it down to the radio. I did it for my remote paging system/led on my alarm and it was easy. you could run the wire through on of the holes and not even need to cut/drill anything.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ha, I will say, it can be seen from the passenger side though. Namely because I used 18ga. wire. I wanted to make sure the two wires didn't melt this time. Literally just from heat and being pressed, not shorting last time. I'm not as good with electrical as you, but I'm not full blown retarded by any stretch ;p

cobra head

Reaction score
i got to say thats kool and all BUT radar detectors are usless reason beening the radars cops and troopers use pick up sound waves off your cars

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
i got to say thats kool and all BUT radar detectors are usless reason beening the radars cops and troopers use pick up sound waves off your cars

Watch you talkin bout willis? I mean yes the radar is just a super high freq sound wave but if that is not what you mean I am lost.

What size wire did you use last time that melted?

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not necessarily. I believe you are the member who is actually an LEO. if you recall, I'm in school to be one. I've gone on a number of ride alongs, etc. Some still use regular radar. Some use laser, which completely screws you.

As stated though, this was more or less a fun project. I don't rely on the thing, it's just neat.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Watch you talkin bout willis? I mean yes the radar is just a super high freq sound wave but if that is not what you mean I am lost.

What size wire did you use last time that melted?

I stripped the ends off the stock cable, which, since it's a cigarette lighter, is two, probably 28 or 30 gauge wires inside one roughly 18 gauge housing.

They actually melted behind the dash. Idk, this one is industrial strength, and my connections are soldered, and shrink wrapped, etc. I was much more legit. Note that awesome metal plate haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online