HOW TO: Quick Release Bumper (Dzus / Quarter turn fasteners)

RichV

Reaction score
This is a good thread. I'd love to be able to shed all the front sheetmetal/plastic in minutes if needed.

So where is the best place to get these? Maybe in bulk?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, part numbers/link in the op: SUM-G1620 SUM-G1626

Hey Poxenham, I'm interesting in doing this. The images in the OP seem to be broken - do you still have them/could you fix the links?

Also, for those folks doubting whether a dzus faster is okay to use (as in keeping the bumpers on), they are used a lot to hold panels on airplanes...so (like if stated) they are installed correctly, I seriously doubt they'd have problem keeping the bumper on.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Poxenham, I'm interesting in doing this. The images in the OP seem to be broken - do you still have them/could you fix the links?

Also, for those folks doubting whether a dzus faster is okay to use (as in keeping the bumpers on), they are used a lot to hold panels on airplanes...so (like if stated) they are installed correctly, I seriously doubt they'd have problem keeping the bumper on.

Here ya go: http://blog.fullytorquedracing.com/?p=11

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
c280d1e15f9314cccd560dbbe723d50f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, [MENTION=10532]MadStang[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17526]Poxenham[/MENTION] know the joke :)

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^lol ......................................OR DO THEY?!? :D

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
late last night I decided I would go through with it and currently have them in my basket/cart at jegs with some other little crap I need to order. I can't remember in the pics if he did the header panel as well? I think I am going to do that piece as well since its almost easier to pull the headlights and pull it out at the same time.

Too bad there isn't enough interest to do group buy.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
What about the two nuts that go on the side. Holds it to the fender... what are you guys using there.. or the nuts just not used. .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would put them on myself otherwise pretty sure the bumper edges would not be flush with the fender unless there is a better idea.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^ All you need is one on each side, closest to the fender, and it will sit flush. That's how my quick release bumper is held on.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
What about the two nuts that go on the side. Holds it to the fender... what are you guys using there.. or the nuts just not used. .

Personally I left those in. Electric ratchet makes quick work of them. I'm thinking if you really wanted to you could put dzus fasteners in place of them as well but it would be a bit of extra work and possibly ugly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online