HP or Illuminas

CanaryGT

Reaction score
So yeah. Basically Ive found that I can get the Tokico HP's for like 275 Shipped and the Illuminas for 450 Shipped... But what is better? I mean is it really worth the xtra cash to go to the 5-way adj? Also, How big of an upgrade is the 13" Cobra brakes for my car??

theponyfactor

Reaction score
i think it depends on what you are planning. ya the illuminas are better, but if you are not going to drop the car more then 1.5"-2" i would think the hps would be just fine. also do you go to the track? if you do, you might want illuminas.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Yeah, I will be going to the track. I also have lowering springs and the MM LCA to improve my suspension. These shocks / Struts should be a pretty noticeable difference right?

stang94X

Reaction score
if you go to the track a lot, i would get strange 10 way adjustables

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I dont go a lot. Actually I havent even gone yet. I will every once in a while.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I really like my Illuminas, i dont adjust them a lot but every time i do i love it, plus i like i can change the ride to my personal preference.

ALITL8

Reaction score
i just got the tokico hp's installed on mine today... i do go to the track but this isnt a race car.

i guess it depends on what you want to spend and what you plan to use the car for :dunno:

i got them on ebay for $279 w/free shipping O0

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
So you installed them and..... You like them or what? What difference did you feel... I need more info!!! :noes:

ALITL8

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
So you installed them and..... You like them or what? What difference did you feel... I need more info!!! :noes:

well i only drove it home from the shop, 15 mi. through town, so i didnt really get a chance to "try" them out.

ALITL8

Reaction score
drove it again today... feels real good. decent ride (a little stiffer), very stable and controlled... I LIKE IT!!

Whitepony

Reaction score
My illuminas came with a little plastic piece you put ontop of the shock and use a wrench to turn the dial to what ever setting you want 1-5. mine are set at 5 all around and the ride isnt bad atall. infact it rides smoother than my worn out stock parts did.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
(((Foster98GT))) said:
How do you go about adjusting them?
the Illuminas adjust with a small flat head screwdriver, u just click it to the number you want to set them at. I can do my whole car in under a minute :banana: lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carlos

Members online