Hydroboost to Prop Valve Brake Line Question

Rich

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I tore my whole car down last January. Finally got the thing almost all put back together and it seems I have "misplaced" the brake lines from the hydroboost/master cylinder to the proportioning valve. I bought some 1/4" and 3/16" brake line off of Amazon and I have some cheap tools I got back when I burned a hole in a rear brake line (exhaust was touching the brake line) and needed to do a repair job. But I'm not sure which line runs to which hole on the prop valve. Anyone able to help a YouTube mechanic out...?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not sure what prop valve you have myself I know the baer prop valve I have was labeled. Do a search for that brand and I am sure it will pull up instructions

OP
OP
R

Rich

Reaction score
So when I went out to the garage to put it together, I realized that the size of the holes on the master cylinder match the size of the holes on the prop valve. It's all stock equipment for an '04 GT. Front of the master cylinder connects to the bottom of the prop valve and uses a 1/4" line with M12 x 1.0 fittings & DIN Bubble Flares and the rear of the master cylinder connects to the top of the prop valve and uses a 3/16" line with M10 x 1.0 fittings & DIN Bubble Flares, in case anyone else loses these 6" sections of brake lines like myself. And what seems to be par for the course, my cheap-o flare tool only flares 3/16" line. So once again I turned to the horrible and disgusting company known as Amazon and bought myself a $300+ flare tool set to make sure I don't run into this problem again in the future.

TTOCS, you have the Baer prop valve, does that mean you have the Baer brakes? I'm debating on getting the 6 piston brakes for the front of my car in the very near future. What do you think about them?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yup. They are a very pretty brake and they work well. I am not going to say they are the most budget friendly but it is fun to rarely/never see the same parts you have on another mustang. FYI - you can rent/borrow flare tools from vatozone but they are not the nice $300 version.
LGFRuEA.jpg

14" 6 piston up front and 13" 4 piston out back

OP
OP
R

Rich

Reaction score
Dam it those look sexy! I think I'm going to bite the bullet. Did you get fronts and rears at the same time? I'm not sure I can afford both right now, so I was just going to get the fronts and the prop valve to account for the lack of rears. Not that I actually know how to properly adjust them for that scenario! LOL

And I don't rent tools. As women are to shoes I am to tools... :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online