I am thinking about getting some shocks.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
The only thing is, I am on a very fixed income! I want to go all out, but I don't need to! I was hoping someone could lead me to some good shocks without breaking me! I understand that they will set me back some. I just don't need to go all out, yet! I really have no idea about it, so you can even give product #’s! I have a 95 GT Convertible. If you need more I can give it. Thanks a lot!!

DakotaKid95gt

Reaction score
When i purchased my car it already had what appeared to be pretty new KYB AGX's on it. i haven't touched them even though they have 4 settings, i believe the front ones are on 2, and as far as im concerned my car handles pretty really well and im happy w/ the ride. really wish i could be more of a help but im sure someone much more knowledgable than me will chime in....just my .02

Spd0lit

Reaction score
Yea i was in the same boat you are in now so i did some looking and i ended up getting strange 10-way adjustables and i just love them and the best part is they are only $360 shipped from summit. I ride in town with 5 set all around it is just right but when i go to the track 8 inthe back and 2 in the front and it really helps weight transfer. Also if you do some auto cross or road racing 10 all around is just right.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Sorry!  I totally forgot I posted this!! 

I NEVER drive my car like it is meant to.  I usually go about 10-20 MPH under the speed limit is what I mean.  I drive it out of town only if I really must.  I don't really care about the adjustable kinds of shocks, too much.  I just need something to install, and then just forget.  I remember hearing that KYB’s were a good brand!  I am just not so sure that I will need them how I drive it. 

Also, the roads in my little country town are really pathetic!  We still have a couple of dirt roads.  I don't drive on them, but we still do!  I even thought if I went to like a Midas place, that kind.  Even I thought of just buying stock replacements.  I just do not know!!  Thanks!!

Oh, also!! I understand she is a sports car! I am not looking for the ride of a Caddy. So it's a little rough, no big deal. I just think it should be maybe less rough!

95-stang

Reaction score
I got the Eibach Pros, not as good as Koni or Spax etc, but very good for the money, and normal roads. :)

ryclef331

Reaction score
Strange Adj for the back are priced well and work great.

Spd0lit

Reaction score
do you need both shocks and struts or just shocks? Because the shocks are only $70 per shock so $150 with shipping and handling. And if you are not wanting to mess with the settings just set it at five and forget it. But hey if you want to mess with the settings it will allways be there to mess with. Just my thoughts.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I will try to answer a couple of you. I drive slowly because of my brain injury, mainly! I cannot process the info at regular speeds. Since it comes really fast, I must go slow! I cannot describe it, sorry!

Like I said, I know absolutely nothing about shocks/struts! I do not even know what struts do. This is why I am asking you guys! The only thing that I know of it that I am very proud of my Eibach Pro-Kits!! Other than that, I don't know too much. Thanks and see ya!!

spacemonkey

Reaction score
I bought some of the mach 1 tokicos for $150 for all 4. They made a big difference from the Autozone specials that were on there and they were new.Even fixed the bottoming out I posted about in another post :banana:.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
spacemonkey said:
I bought some of the mach 1 tokicos for $150 for all 4. They made a big difference from the Autozone specials that were on there and they were new.Even fixed the bottoming out I posted about in another post :banana:.

Where would I buy them at? Thanks!!

Urban Legend

Reaction score
talk to stangsuspension, you get a discount for being a forum member and they are the cheapest I have found. Super nice guys, even called me after a couple of weeks to see fow things were working!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I went to my mechanics today. He says I need struts up front and shocks in the rear. I guess stangsuspension has what I will need? Thanks!!

I am thinking I maybe need adjustable ones now! For the roads I drive on, I mean! How do you adjust them, too? See ya!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online