I figured out my problem...

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Well, I now know why my O2 sensors have been and are reading an error on bank one. Well after driving it for two weeks now, I have noticed that at 3,400 rpms it does pull a little, but not too much. Why is this? Well, as many of you know the dohc motor has these evil little plates that like to gum up or stop working alltogether. Yup thats right, the damn imrc on bank 1 (drivers side) is stuck closed. So its looks like I will get the chance to throughly clean out my motor in the next couple of weeks when I get the chance to take it all apart and try to clean out the runner so it can open. Not sure if I need to replace it though? The motor is being seafoamed right now and hopefully this may help it out some.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
uuuuh I fixed this back in June, this thread can be deleted.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
uuuuh I fixed this back in June, this thread can be deleted.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I didnt even look at the orginal post date, it just came up as a new thread with new posts so I checked it out :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: thats funny

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yea, it was 2 O2's and carbon in the intake, the usual bs stuff that happens.

4.6snake

Reaction score
same here, didnt even notice the date :hammer: so you dont remember the code? im throwing a code too and im hoping its the o2 sensors cause im out of ideas.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
What code is it? You can get your car scanned for free at advance auto, pep boys or autozone. That way you can see what is setting it off.

4.6snake

Reaction score
i have a scanner. im getting p1131. just wondering if it was the same one as you. its wierd cause mine will clear by itself and then come on again, so its not faulty all the time. its making it really hard to figure out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online