I Hate F bodys!!!

Downshift

Reaction score
Passenger said:
CanaryGT said:
Not a new M3, not the v8 model, the one with the straight 6 (i think straight... )
325is have 6's too I believe. 2.5L's. Might still be a 4, not sure.

Man that wasnt much of a race lol. What do you have done?

And around here you can find deals on some Automatic LS1s and get them for 7-9k but dont see that too often most are around 11-12k especially the 6 speeds those go for like 15k.

Passenger

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Passenger said:
CanaryGT said:
Not a new M3, not the v8 model, the one with the straight 6 (i think straight... )
325is have 6's too I believe. 2.5L's. Might still be a 4, not sure.

Man that wasnt much of a race lol. What do you have done?

And around here you can find deals on some Automatic LS1s and get them for 7-9k but dont see that too often most are around 11-12k especially the 6 speeds those go for like 15k.
3.73s, exhaust, UPD's and a good driver ;D. The Bimmer has exhaust, intake, chip, UDP's as well.

OP
OP
B

Bluesn95

Reaction score
My mothers 2002 TA WS6 has only 32k on it, of course no mods and is super clean. Two months ago someone left a note on her windshield at work with a phone# offering her 22k for it. She didn't want to sell. I personally went 13.70 @ 104 in that car.

tajmas

Reaction score
I think with some suspension work and a KB, you'll be handing them all their asses on a plate, but thats just my uneducated opinion.

gt96stang

Reaction score
hell, if I could find a decent ws6 around here that they don't want an arm and leg for, I would have picked one up by now.. But, i'll slowly work on the slug instead..

tajmas

Reaction score
LS1 owners do modify. But usually from my experience they forget the suspension and dump tons of $ in the motor. Plus they usually can't driver very well. So a 1/4 from the dig has never been much of a problem, and I don't have the KB yet.

Passenger

Reaction score
Tajmas said it pretty good.

Lets see how those 10bolt rears in LS1 cars hold up on slicks son! ;D

tooslow

Reaction score
tajmas said:
LS1 owners do modify. But usually from my experience they forget the suspension and dump tons of $ in the motor. Plus they usually can't driver very well. So a 1/4 from the dig has never been much of a problem, and I don't have the KB yet.

thats strange. the majority of LS1 guys i know don't even touch the engine untill after the drivetrain and suspension is taken care of. if you can shatter the 10 bolt rear with stock power, why up it just yet? most i see have full exhausts, lid, and an assortment of drivetrain and suspension parts. gears, converters, built 12 bolt or Ford 9", and sticky tires. most on stock 10 bolts hold of on the sticky tires for obvious reasons.

an essentually stock LS1 is good to mid low 11's with the right underpinning and some n2o.

tajmas

Reaction score
There definately the faster car. I'm just saying what I see around here. Heavy bolt-ons w/ exhaust and that's it. Like I said, " in my experience", which doesn't mean that's the way it is were your at. A friend of mine won't even consider running me anymore w/ his 2000 SS, and another guy around here has an '86 IROC. Neither of them can hook-up, nor can they drive. That's all I'm trying to say.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mustang's are nicer though. When I bought my car I went to look at Fbodies. I could stand the lay-down driving position, or the squeeks and rattles and an utterly useless backseat. I went back and forth and drove both about three times each before I settled on the GT.

tajmas

Reaction score
I've driven both and liked both. I'm just partial to Mustangs.

tooslow

Reaction score
i've always had a bias towards fords and mustangs. foxbody fanboy to the fullest here, but i have to admit i do love the LSx engine lineup. i'd love to have an f-body, preferable a T/A, with an LS1 to modify. I'd also love to have a 4v cobra though, which is more likely to happen than the f-body.

i'm a car enthusiast first, mustangs just happen to be my preferance. i could live with the squeeks and rattles of an f-body if i had too, after all i love fox bodies.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
tooslow said:

an essentually stock LS1 is good to mid low 11's with the right underpinning and some n2o.
I race these cars all the time. All bolt ons and usually a cam with n2o runs mid to high 11's unless its a 250+ shot on motor.
And as for a stock car with n2o running that would have to be a hell of a 60'

tooslow

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
tooslow said:

I race these cars all the time. All bolt ons and usually a cam with n2o runs mid to high 11's unless its a 250+ shot on motor.
And as for a stock car with n2o running that would have to be a hell of a 60'

at our local track i've seen a low 11 pass on a "stock" ls1 stripper z28 (hard top, no options) , 150 nx wet-shot, 4.10 gears, high stall yank converter, a 9", and drag slicks. it was a 1.5x 60'

tooslow

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
I am talking full cars not race only cars. Strippers are only good to put $2 bills in and watch them take off their clothes.

it isn't stripped, its a z28 "stripper". just something they call no option z28's.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
tooslow said:
quickstang_1994 said:
I am talking full cars not race only cars. Strippers are only good to put $2 bills in and watch them take off their clothes.

it isn't stripped, its a z28 "stripper". just something they call no option z28's.
He would have to put that thing on a mjajor diet or its got bolt ons you dont know about. It could always be a bigger shot

tooslow

Reaction score
yeah, i'm sure he has some suspension stuff done that i don't know about, but regardless still not shabby.