I have done TOO much research on the Lightnings

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Lightning Struck, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

Well I wish I had not been so gun ho about doing homework and research on the Lightning trucks now. I have all but dead sure convinced myself to skip the blower on the Cobra and get a KB for my Lightning. The KB can be had for 2500 bucks for the truck and can give OVER 500rwhp and 600ft lbs of TQ :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: All the while LOWERING air temps coming into the engine. Man I got to tell you the more I look at these trucks the more siked I'm getting. With the KB 11's will be a SNAP 8) I may just finish the pimp stuff on the Cobra ( seats/ new exhaust / hood ) and call it done. And put the KB on my truck......when I get it . :)

2. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

wait go back....you got a lightning!?

3. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

No ....................not yet :naughty: as soon as I get the house moved and set back up and running Im going lightning shopping :boink: I have wanted one for a lllllllllong time, and now that my house is paid off ( with my dad ) I will be able to buy one finally. I can take a little cash left over from the house move and get the KB :dancing6: and still have some change to put in the bank.

4. Matt94GT

that is awesome man...!!! what color do u want? sonic blue?

5. 94darkhorse

94darkhorse Legend

Thats awesome! You could also just drop it all in the Cobra and make it a low 10 sec. car lol.

6. Matt94GT

Id love to have my stang and a lighting but id be tempted to buy a more 'useful' tuck and just throw a charger on the stang.

7. Fets

Fets Legend

DSG is my fav color and so is Sonic Blue. But an ALL blacked out L is very sexyy aswell

8. uncltrvlnmatt

uncltrvlnmatt Legend

A Lightning would be sweet. I would love to get one for towing my next drag car. But that is way in the future.

9. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

Im thinking either Blue or Black. There is two seperate blue's.......the first one ran until I think like 02, it was a dark blue, then they changed to the Sonic Blue.

10. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

I'd personally put the KB on the stang but without a doubt the lightning would be sick too. O0

11. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

whoa brian when the hell did you get a lightning....

12. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

Its not in the driveway yet Paul,.......but its on the way ;). Got to get my house moved first and then we go shopping for a L :bunny3: :bunny3:

13. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

dude that is awesome! im so jealous, yet so psyched for you. If i come to the meet i call first dibs on a ride. You will not regret the KB...We will be the KB HELLIGANS!

There was a nice one on SVTP for i believe 22K its red with some badass wheels, there was also a DSG one for 25K with an amazing stance....go check it out. Both had bad ass wheels on them.

14. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

I seen the red one on SVTP your talking about, it has Boyd C's on it. Its a great looking truck but I dont really want red. Im going for Black or Blue. I want a 03 model too since they have the better spark plug threads.....that was a problem on earlier models.

I did a lot of looking on the KB site last night and the 2.3 blower is a direct swap for the stock eaton and will make some CRAZY power. 500rwhp is NOTHING and 600tq is THERE ALL DAY LONG :boink: Damn I cant wait :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6:

15. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

You're going to have to change your name from snakebit to LightningStruck

16. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

I'm jealous man!
    That will be shweeet! Go baby GO!

17. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

Ill have to come up with some kind of cool name........I think Ill get Jeff to make me a sig with my Cobra and the L 8)

18. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

I am not trying to burst your bubble man BUT you strap a kenne belle on that STOCK bottom end...and try to push 500rwhp outta it, you're going to be picking up pistons on the highway. I'd put money on it....

Yes, it lowers intake temps which even at the SAME boost settings as a stock blower will make more power compared to the Eaton BUT the stock rods can't handle very much POWER. The boost levels maybe the same but the force exerted down on that piece of shit rod that ford graced us with will snap it in a short amount of time.

Something to think about.

19. scarface

scarface Guest

L's are cool, but the big question is...How do you move a house ???

20. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

i have wondered this too