I Need Kenne Bell Help Ive been called out

Z28 This

Reaction score
Julian Moore said:
When I was running, N/A, I made 276 rwhp and I ran 13.0's all day long at 107. So your making 300 rwhp..with a set of tires you should be right there. I suggest Nitto drag radials, they are a great track tire, just heat the crap out of them, they are fine in the rain and last about 12K if you don't beat the crap out of them. I am suprised you are making that much boost with a 1.5 KB?? That's amazing. You need to do your heads to appreciate the car and find a ton mor epopwer. Good luck on your race.

nittos are ok but for the money youll be paying for nittos might as well buy the best which is M/T theyll out hook nittos ANY day of the week and ill bet my car on it..

ReVz

Reaction score
That car looks like shit.. please smoke his dumb ass and tell him not only is his car ugly.. its slow

Z28 This

Reaction score
Like theres this 306 notch running around here with gears and he ran at the track on street tires and ran 13.9s....spinnin all the way through 4th gear and then we put some DR and it was pullin low 12s coming off the rev with just 28 spine axles to reenforce the rearend...without it hooking ur crazy as hell thinkin its gonna run mid 12s on street tires esp since its a full interior car???? ur talking about 3600 pounds or so....u can have a huge motor car and all kinds of power in the world but if it dont hook u still get ur ass handed to you by a less rwhp car....

if i was you id buy some 28 spine axles or 31 i may have some around and put them on ur car real easy and put M.T DR on and race that mofo and come off the line at the rev box and show that ****** what the backend of a mustang looks like ;)

Julian Moore

Reaction score
Z28...I agree with you completly but some people drive Mustangs in the rain and would like them to last a few miles. If that's the case..you enjoy those tires..I'll stick with Nittos.

Julian Moore

Reaction score
Z28 This said:
if i was you id buy some 28 spine axles or 31 i may have some around and put them on ur car real easy and put M.T DR on and race that mofo and come off the line at the rev box and show that ****** what the backend of a mustang looks like ;)

Stock axels are 28 spline.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Yea mine is a daily, and i have to go to work rain or shine, so full on ET Streets or Drags is out of the question. It looks like NItto 555's? are my best option or maybe Mickey thompson DR's?

94twinscrew

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
Yea mine is a daily, and i have to go to work rain or shine, so full on ET Streets or Drags is out of the question. It looks like NItto 555's? are my best option or maybe Mickey thompson DR's?

umm, ya,....you're not going to launch your car at the rev limiter...you'll find a nice sweet spot around 2700rpms,just let your torque curve pull you out of the hole(and don't flog it). There is no way that your buddy's stock little eaton will pull on you. Your power under the curve destroys his,and you're within the same weight range give or take 200 lbs. With stickies, your combo could trap 12.80's-12.65's on a good day, but you need traction for the latter. Don Lassota was in the 11.50's with his vert and 13psi on his 1.5 kb with meth,and then 11.10's with heads and cam.....so anything is possible with grip. The nitto's aren't bad, and you'll actually have a 2nd gear again for the most part. They don't like cold pavement, so make sure that you heat them up a little.

Drive it like you hate it,or stole it,and you'll be fine ;)

...glad to see the the speed cut pulley worked out for you!

Z28 This

Reaction score
Julian Moore said:
Z28 This said:

nope...the 94-95 gt's(and cobras too i think) have 26 spline axles ;) and it doesnt matter stock 28 spline axles will break just as good as a stock 26 would

Z28 This

Reaction score
Julian Moore said:
Z28...I agree with you completly but some people drive Mustangs in the rain and would like them to last a few miles. If that's the case..you enjoy those tires..I'll stick with Nittos.

i drive mine in the rain..and it has 140k on the stock block and still goin..just sayin man without grip he will never hit those times

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
95KBGT said:

umm, ya,....you're not going to launch your car at the rev limiter...you'll find a nice sweet spot around 2700rpms,just let your torque curve pull you out of the hole(and don't flog it). There is no way that your buddy's stock little eaton will pull on you. Your power under the curve destroys his,and you're within the same weight range give or take 200 lbs. With stickies, your combo could trap 12.80's-12.65's on a good day, but you need traction for the latter. Don Lassota was in the 11.50's with his vert and 13psi on his 1.5 kb with meth,and then 11.10's with heads and cam.....so anything is possible with grip. The nitto's aren't bad, and you'll actually have a 2nd gear again for the most part. They don't like cold pavement, so make sure that you heat them up a little.

Drive it like you hate it,or stole it,and you'll be fine ;)

...glad to see the the speed cut pulley worked out for you!

Hey, im glad you have replied! did ya get the money ok man? SO i guess yall are saying i should buy which tires? then injector tune? then head tune? i want to run a 275/45/17 mickey thompson drag radial..am i going in the wrong direction? am i good for 12's? should i do tires first? or go ahead with injector and tune and see what im pushing then?

94twinscrew

Reaction score
yup, I got the money on Monday,thanks. The M/t street radials would be your best best for street and strip. You might be able to eek out another 20 hp with the injectors, IMO, I would wait until you do heads,then do the injectors at the same time. You should really look into the Tri-state aluminum cylinder heads,they have great flow numbers,and are dirt cheap. No matter what you choose to do, get tires that grip,then worry about the other stuff. If you can afford to do the injectors with a new tune,go for it.....you might be surprised. You're on the right path, just take your time and enjoy your car man.....good things will come :thumb:

As for your time's......really practice your launch's,start off near 2400rpms,and go from there until you find your cars sweet spot. With those tires it should be around 2600-2900rpms......get that nailed,and you should be able to squeeze out some high 12's.

Julian Moore

Reaction score
Z28 This said:
Julian Moore said:
Z28 This said:

nope...the 94-95 gt's(and cobras too i think) have 26 spline axles ;) and it doesnt matter stock 28 spline axles will break just as good as a stock 26 would

Sucks for you as 28 is the stock size. I am currently running 31's. I would bet a ton of money, on the street with drag radials..you won't break a 28 either. I ran slicks with 28's launching on the gas for quite some time before I upgraded. What spline are you running in your car? What are your 60 foot times at the track? What tires are your running? What air pressure do you run at? Do you run your car at the track or just the street? Enquiring minds want to know. ;)

jimgt95

Reaction score
Z28 This said:
Julian Moore said:
Z28 This said:

No, all V8, 8.8" differential Mustangs came with 28 spline axles, stock. I've got books authored by Steve Turner and Kevin Wilson that back me up on that.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Pretty sure mine are 28 stock, i don't think my 28 spline differential would work with 26 spline axles.

Z28 This

Reaction score
Julian Moore said:
Z28 This said:
Julian Moore said:
Z28 This said:

Sucks for you as 28 is the stock size. I am currently running 31's. I would bet a ton of money, on the street with drag radials..you won't break a 28 either. I ran slicks with 28's launching on the gas for quite some time before I upgraded. What spline are you running in your car? What are your 60 foot times at the track? What tires are your running? What air pressure do you run at? Do you run your car at the track or just the street? Enquiring minds want to know. ;)

im running 31 spline axles and i usually pull a 1.8-9 60' but all i have is springs and i run M/T dr...also i go to the track about every weekend if i can so yes i run it on both...i run either 12 or 15 tire pressure depends on how the track is :)

Julian Moore

Reaction score
We have a similar set up then. I run E/T street at 13 pounds of pressure..usually see 1.6-1.8's...depends on how hard I launch. Those dr's like the pressure that low. I used to run my Nitttos at 13 psi cold..then at the end of a run they would be 17..they liked that. I launched on nitrous on those..which tends to give you a GREAT 60 foot. I'm glad to see your not running a 26 spline. ;)

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
Pretty sure mine are 28 stock, i don't think my 28 spline differential would work with 26 spline axles.
I just saw your sig..you dont want a cobra..you want a kenne bell :dancing6:

So im lost ehre fellas, mickey thompson et street, nittos all those tires have been thrown around like a 5 dollar hooker. I need something that will hook like crazy on street and strip last at leas 10K miles and safe to run in the rain...

Z28 This

Reaction score
Julian Moore said:
We have a similar set up then. I run E/T street at 13 pounds of pressure..usually see 1.6-1.8's...depends on how hard I launch. Those dr's like the pressure that low. I used to run my Nitttos at 13 psi cold..then at the end of a run they would be 17..they liked that. I launched on nitrous on those..which tends to give you a GREAT 60 foot. I'm glad to see your not running a 26 spline. ;)

nice...and its because i broke my stock spline axles ;)

Z28 This

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
94GtStAnG5o said:

So im lost ehre fellas, mickey thompson et street, nittos all those tires have been thrown around like a 5 dollar hooker. I need something that will hook like crazy on street and strip last at leas 10K miles and safe to run in the rain...

well nittos and M/T are both good tires but M/T will outhook and out do nittos just in my opinion and ive seen it...but nittos are safer for the street but you can also run M.T on the street just id be careful...all my freinds run m.t on there daily driven mustangs and me also...but everybody has there own brand they prefer...but goodluck

94gtstang50

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
94GtStAnG5o said:

That would be nice but the car has 146k and I don't want to rebuild that bitch, its giving me problems right now as it is. If I had the money I'd just get a new motor and drop it in, but all my cash goes into rent, insurance, food, and the usual bills. Can barely afford gas right now. I ran the 94 for the last time at the track last weekend and something went on it. I'm looking for something for 5k right now to replace my subrau. Using the money I make off of selling that to fix the gt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online