I think im gonna cry

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by VertTireSmoke, Mar 24, 2007.

1. VertTireSmoke

VertTireSmoke Active Member

Well today has been a crappy day. Its been raining all damn day so i haven't been going anywhere. I decided to put some seafoam thru the car to clean out the internals. well all was going well,got the nice smoke show going. took it out for a quick spin to kind of run the rest of it out. well i come up to a stop sign and it just shuts off out of nowhere. i start it back up and go along thinking it might just need driven more cuz of the seafoam. next stop light does the same thing. so i pull over in an empty parking light and before i stop completely it shuts off again. i look it over and everything seems fine so i start it up, it idles fine and i go home. on the way home i hear this aweful ticking/knocking noise. i get home and it just keeps getting worse. i don't know what to do. i don't know if maybe the seafoam could have done it or if it was just something that was happening but i never noticed it before now. Someone please help. this is not making me very happy. :'( :'( :'(

2. *angiestars*

*angiestars* Member

did you reconnect all your vacuum lines nice and tight again?

3. Quick96Mystic

Quick96Mystic Active Member

+1 get under your hood and make sure your vacuum lines are all back in their place

4. VertTireSmoke

Yep all the lines are nice and tight. talked to a mechanic buddy of mine and said that it might be some of the broken up carbon still in there thats just too big to go thru the engine. possible? :dunno:

5. Foster98GT

Foster98GT Well-Known Member

So what are you gonna do? Drive it and hope it stops? Let it idle and hope for the best?......I'm not tring to be an Ass just curious...BTW, I hope you get it worked out.

6. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything turns out ok.

7. Quick96Mystic

Quick96Mystic Active Member

let the car suck up some more seafoam, once it starts smoking a little bit... turn the car off for about 10-15 minutes start it back up and see if anything changes

8. VertTireSmoke

I'm not sure what to do. Thats kinda the reason i posted this. I was hoping some1 had something like this similar happen and would have some words of advice. I was told my the mechanic buddy i talked to before to let it sit and cool down and start it up then and see if anything changes. So im gonna wait another hour and then go out. So if anything changes ill be sure to let everyone know. Im hoping its something simple.

9. VertTireSmoke

I was thinking about doing that too. Im gonna wait and see if anything changes after i let it sit for a lil bit. Ill have to go out tomorrow and buy some more of it.

10. trav_19

trav_19 Legend

that is strange indeed....my car has a stalling problem too but i never used sea foam lol...after it gets warm when i stop i have to hold the brake really hard if i just hold it enough to stop the car it will stall ...now talk about weird lol

11. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

Any luck on putting more seafoam in it VertTireSmoke?

12. ripper

ripper Well-Known Member

I could see some carbon making it stall but its the ticking noise im dumfounded with. How many miles on your motor? Maybe the carbon was holding somthing together and it broke loose. You got no pushrods so a lifter cant be stuck. Hmmm i dont git it :dunno: Let us know what it was when your mech figures it out.

13. 94Vert

94Vert Active Member

It could be valves hitting the loose carbon or pistons and not letting them complete the revolution

14. Anrev

Anrev Active Member

*raises hand* Um you need to check your oil. Thats EXACTLY what happened to me. And I found metal in my oil and filter...... I had JUST done seafoam. Was messing around with the throttle a bit and when I let the throttle go to idle it died. Started it back up and saw 0 oil psi at idle and it was running real funny. Shut it down, checked everything under the hood, not finding anything. And started it up again. Same results.

The ticking/knocking is most likely a rod bearing..... Check your oil and cut open your filter.

My thread.
    http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=8774.0

My new advise. SEAFOAM CAN BE BAD FOR YOUR ENGINE!!!

15. FIVELITERS

FIVELITERS Well-Known Member

There there buddy, it'll be alright, dont worry. :)

16. trav_19

trav_19 Legend

sayin seafoam is bad for your car is like people that run high dollar synthetic oils that claim it ruined there engine and made it start leaking.....your conventional oils are thicker particles where synthetics are a lot smaller and can work into smaller places and you may notice a problem when using synthetics...same goes for seafoam the problem was probley there before the seafoam it just broke up what ever was a "bandaid" that wasnt allowing the engine to have problems

17. Anrev

Anrev Active Member

All Im saying is that this is the SECOND time Ive seen this EXACT thing happen. Both times Seafoam was used. My engine had 127k on it. Maybe neither engine couldnt handle the treatment. Or maybe it was only a matter of time and they would have done it anyway. But be careful doing the Seafoam in the intake treatment. You may end up with more than you bargained for. I did.

18. VertTireSmoke

Re: I think im gonna cry <kinda updated>

well heres what i know so far. I was at work all day from 5am - 10pm so this all came from a buddy who came over and looked at it. From what he can tell there is a problem with the valves. So i guess we're gonna take the valve covers off sometime this week and check out the problem from there. hopefully it will be something very simple (i know not likely but...) worse case we need to replace the heads i think and hes working his connections trying to find a used set of Mach 1 heads. or if any1 has a nice set of used cobra heads that someone would be willing to part with kinda cheaply that would be great. :dunno: ill keep ppl posted on the progress.

19. scarface

scarface Guest

that sucks man :(

20. VertTireSmoke

alright guys got another update. Got off the phone with the mechanic and he said that the problem is pointing towards either the connecting rod or a piston. anyone know excatly how bad this could be?