Im sick of my subs

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
honestly...its probably not your subs....for one that 300.1 is a mono amp which means it should only power one sub..how is it even powering two?

those subs arent the best but they should still pound good in a mustang..I have an ap1000 profile amp that I was running with 2 12 inch infinity subs...
I am selling it for 75 bucks if you your looking for a good amp to run both those subs I believe its like 230 watts to 2 at 2 ohms but if you wire them at 4 ohm its 150 to 2 which would be perfect.

but the sound you get depends a lot on the amp and box setup...running a larger ported box can make a world ofa differance...but with 2 12s in a mustang and a good amp they should pound more than enough

the subs are wired parallel which is a pretty common thing to do... W/e you end up with fets make sure the know what you are getting for a sub before you get the amp and vice versa. ED is a good company. I have never heard a bad thing about them. When i get subs i will be going with ED. The small box enclosure is a definate plus. You dont need a shitload of watts to pound decent. there is no standardized rating system for watts so companies can say w/e they want to (so dont get suckered in by a 1000 watt cheapie sub)

ripper

Reaction score
Earthquake 800amp and 10's. I turn them down im not into thumpin with the oldies lol.

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
the subs are wired parallel which is a pretty common thing to do... W/e you end up with fets make sure the know what you are getting for a sub before you get the amp and vice versa. ED is a good company. I have never heard a bad thing about them. When i get subs i will be going with ED. The small box enclosure is a definate plus. You dont need a shitload of watts to pound decent. there is no standardized rating system for watts so companies can say w/e they want to (so dont get suckered in by a 1000 watt cheapie sub)

Blah yeah thats true too. And I read alot to know not to get suckered into one of those cheapo subs with 1000watts lol, I tell that to my friends all the time, but they dont listen, and they wonder why my little 300watt system hits harder then theres

WifesBudget94GT

Reaction score
Well it all depends on what ya really want, I've had dual RF 10's with 275watts whey sounded OK. I've had a single 12 Memphis with the same RF power 250 mono block amp the same (275watts) amp that the 10's where on. Yes I liked the single 12 better then the 2 10's but clearly not enough watts two it, by the way they are all dvc 4ohm speakers. I came across the 2 JL w3's and the JL 500.1 amp for 300 bucks from the janitor at work, lol yes he was just a kid an I didn't really care if they was hot... But the single 12 inch Memphis with 500 watts plug into it really pounded the shit out of my car, almost as good as the two 12's but 2 is always better then one. It really depends on the budget you got bro, there are just too many choices out there.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
well when they say 1000 watt sub they mean max...theyre probably like 200 rms if there cheap...and rms is all that actually matters. That amp looks good but its expensive...I told you I have a 1000 watt profile if you want it...you may have never heard of profile but its a great am...here is a link to it
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-STz83qLYsoq/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=profile+ap+1000&i=489AP1000 its got all good reviews ....I will let you have that for 70 shipped cause I want to get rid of it...its like new

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
you should really look into ed. You get a discount with their package deals. I think you save atleast 15% if you buy sub(s) and an amp. You should get their 13OV.2 subs (Ov>Kv) and either the 9.1 or 9.2x. It would be a good system for a decent price too. Also has a 5 yr warranty

Damnit now you got me looking at subs now :rant:. I must resist.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online

No members online now.