Reaction score
Re: Injectors

I couldn't agree more..... :nonono:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Yeah Void you can't just buy the blower and not the kit because the kit includes the needed relocation brackets etc.

9PSI98
that dyno is so low because of the stock cams. As your blower is making more boost the cams are just letting it out the exhaust and not storing it up to cram into the intake side. Blower cams make these blowers shine. I'm surprised Thomas hasn't been in this thread...Before he went Turbo he had the SVO blower and on 6psi with Cams/42's and 90mmlmaf and other bolt ons he was over 400rwhp...he went from @330 with the stock cams/maf/30's to 400 with the new stuff...i remember him posting the dyno on corral.

voidfinger

Reaction score

wow thats nice. I might just have to put that thing on my car instead of going the 5.4 rout. :)

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score

DropTopPony said:
Yeah Void you can't just buy the blower and not the kit because the kit includes the needed relocation brackets etc.

9PSI98
that dyno is so low because of the stock cams. As your blower is making more boost the cams are just letting it out the exhaust and not storing it up to cram into the intake side. Blower cams make these blowers shine. I'm surprised Thomas hasn't been in this thread...Before he went Turbo he had the SVO blower and on 6psi with Cams/42's and 90mmlmaf and other bolt ons he was over 400rwhp...he went from @330 with the stock cams/maf/30's to 400 with the new stuff...i remember him posting the dyno on corral.

Needless to say those stock cams are G-O-N-E!!! Any suggestions to what a good blower cam would be? Something with a mildly rough idle is preferred.

voidfinger

Reaction score

yes very interested in this. 400 hp with that thing at 6 psi is awsome. Is that at the rear wheel or at the fly?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

9psi 98 said:
DropTopPony said:

9PSI98

Needless to say those stock cams are G-O-N-E!!! Any suggestions to what a good blower cam would be? Something with a mildly rough idle is preferred.

I went with the VT Engines st 2 blower Cams and expect nice gains with them and if i had to order them now i might get the Crower st 2 Blower Cams like Thomas did.

Thomas_W

Reaction score

DropTopPony said:
9psi 98 said:
DropTopPony said:

9PSI98

I went with the VT Engines st 2 blower Cams and expect nice gains with them and if i had to order them now i might get the Crower st 2 Blower Cams like Thomas did.

I made 422/402 with my setup w/ stock 04GT PI engine, 6psi pulley, EGR delete, 90mm Lmaf, and Crower St. 2 blower cams and a custom dyno tune.

Before the tune and cams i made 320rwhp 300rwtq. Installed the 90mm LMAF and picked up 10rwhp and 10rwtq. Then installed the cams and picked up 60rwhp and 45rwtq. The started tuning on it to get the end result of 422/402.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I knew you would come in eventually...i changed the name of the thread just to catch your attention :)

Thomas_W

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I knew you would come in eventually...i changed the name of the thread just to catch your attention :)

HAHAHA... yea i've been out of the computer world for the past week. the new girlfriend is keeping me busy! haahaa

voidfinger

Reaction score
wow, that is KB territory there :) , man that is sweet. Wonder what it would have made on a 9psi pulley :) o and thomas was your heads ported? or stock.....If stock then i'm going to get to saving :)

Thomas_W

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
wow, that is KB territory there :) , man that is sweet. Wonder what it would have made on a 9psi pulley :) o and thomas was your heads ported? or stock.....If stock then i'm going to get to saving :)

the longblock was completely stock minus the Crower stage 2's and the Comp cam valve springs.

I was even still running the stock TB and rubber CAI tube.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
oh yea..

here's a video of the crower stage 2 blower cams at idle.. and the VERY first dyno sheet w/ the stock 04GT engine. and the ones after the tune,cams, etc.

Cams:

Stock 04GT longblock w/ blower sheet:
DynoPulls.jpg

After cams, tune, etc:
sheet1-1.jpg

sheet2-1.jpg

voidfinger

Reaction score
very nice. So with the blower and stock motor you made 300hp, with cams and tuning you upped the rear wheel hp by 120 something. Who what kinda dyno was that

I just can't see that much hp by cams and tuning, but hey thats cool

O and thomas what part of South Carolina you from? I'm in north carolina. Anyway what happened to this car? Did it die? O and was that a stock motor? rods and pistons?

Man i really like, only thing though is that i would have to get a converter for my 4r70w , man i can imagine the torque that thing would put out :)

Thomas_W

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
very nice. So with the blower and stock motor you made 300hp, with cams and tuning you upped the rear wheel hp by 120 something. Who what kinda dyno was that

I just can't see that much hp by cams and tuning, but hey thats cool

O and thomas what part of South Carolina you from? I'm in north carolina. Anyway what happened to this car? Did it die? O and was that a stock motor? rods and pistons?

Man i really like, only thing though is that i would have to get a converter for my 4r70w , man i can imagine the torque that thing would put out :)

Dont forget the 90mm LMAF and larger injectors, pump, lots of little stuff.

I'm in greenville, SC. The car you see, is the car i currently have in my sig w/ the turbo on it. Same car, except the entire powertrain is different now. The only thing thats the same is paint and body.

The motor eventually bent the #6 connecting rod. All the rods and pistons were stock in it. completely stock longblock minus cams and valve springs. And what you see now is all b/c of the #6 connecting rod bending. I went from a $1400 budget of a forged rods and pistons to a $13k turbo motor. LOL

here's what the #6 rod came out looking like. And i drove the car home 15 miles with it making all kinds of noise. The pissy thing is, it bent went i blipped the throttle for a downshift coming to stop at a redlight.WTF?

Rod.jpg

voidfinger

Reaction score
so did it detonate or what? i don't get it? also, what did you do with the svo blower and stuff? also, could you tell me what other mods and stuff you had done to the car at the time so i can get an idea of what i'm looking at?

Thomas_W

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
so did it detonate or what? i don't get it? also, what did you do with the svo blower and stuff? also, could you tell me what other mods and stuff you had done to the car at the time so i can get an idea of what i'm looking at?

i always had a pinging problem with the car no matter how much timing i pulled. come to find out it ended up being a vacuum leak i never knew about. I ended up selling the blower.

mods were:

04GT longblock
crower stage 2 blower cams
comp cams valve springs
90mm LMAF
42# injectors
255lph hi pressure intank walbro pump
kirban adj. fuel pressure regulator
6psi pulley
FRPP shorty headers
Mac O/R H pipe
2 chamber flows welded into stock catback
X-cal 2 w/ custom tune
4.10 gears

thats pretty much it

voidfinger

Reaction score
so the vacuum leak cause the rod warping? also, what did it run at the track? and did the 4.10's respond well to the supercharged motor? sorry for so many questions. i'm just really interested in that setup

Thomas_W

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
so the vacuum leak cause the rod warping? also, what did it run at the track? and did the 4.10's respond well to the supercharged motor? sorry for so many questions. i'm just really interested in that setup

only ran it at the track 2 or 3 times on street tires and went 8.50's spinning thru 3rd gear. The 4.10's and that blower make a VERY fun street car. endless amounts of torque and tire spinning.

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol very nice, i've been talking about the svo blower and everyone is throwing crap down my neck..

For instance, they say ...."yea, let him dyno it five times in a row and i bet on the fifth time it wouldn't break 390hp" i'm guessing because of the heat. Also, they said that the units hate higher rpm. I saw from the graph that it went to 6k before coming down and then they said that it was an exspensive kit. :dunno: It looks cool to me for the things but looking at a kb its like 5k for the unit ya know.