Injectors (SVO Blower thread)

voidfinger

Reaction score
Re: Injectors

DropTopPony said:
The ECU thats comes with the blower kit sucks all around. The tune it comes with from Ford isn't very good and tuning it is harder after you get a smaller pulley and cams etc etc.

One of the reasons this blower got a bad reputation was that Ford didn't supply an adequate Install kit from the get go...if your car was 100% stock and you just added this blower with the stock 6psi then you would be ok (but the tune was very rich and not for power but longevity) but who is gonna do that? So as soon as you start a few mods the 30#'s are maxxed out as is the 190lph fuel pump and the forementioned ECU.

Those who upgraded the fuel system and MAF's gained like 30rwhp and more with the smaller pulleys. Another thing i noticed is this blower does not like the stock cams...some Blower Cams are a must! I have VT st 2 blower cams and Thomas who posts on here gained like 50rwhp when adding Crower st 2 blower cams to his.

I sold my 30's and 190lph pump and replaced them with 42's and 255 walbro...and that SVO ECU never left the box 8) I'll be going SCT Tune on the stock ECU.

So can you just buy the blower instead of the whole kit? What does the install kit come with ? just wondering. I think i saw somewhere that you can get the blower for like 2Grand or so. I'm thinking that if its true then when i get my 5.4 2v built i might have to stick one of these bad boys on top of it. For relitivly low dow. What you think? Torquey motor with a torque boost on top :) Anyway, can someone send me some pics of the blower installed on the cars. I'm thinking that if i put it on the 5.4 , since the adapter plates are 1 inch taller then i might have some trouble with the alternator. But who knows, send me some pics guys.

O and what is the highest psi pulley and stuff this blower can handle? I'm thinking of around 12 pounds?

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score

Here ya go VoidFinger,

8.jpg

blowerpic.jpg

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score

DropTopPony said:
The Lightning 90mm MAF is a direct swap and plug in, the injectors are not tuned to the MAF's on Modulars like on 5.0's you change them in the tune. I would try to find a stock ECU from a 98 and swap it for the one thats in there now and then get a custon SCT Dyno tune. I've heard that some tuners have a hard time resetting the parameters in the supplied SVO/FRPP Blower ECU and its easier to tune the stock ECU. Those injectors are also probably max'd out so the 42's will allow you to make more power.

Hey droptoppony,

What are you running for ignition? All I have is Accel coil packs. Any suggestions on plugs? I'm looking into an MSD system with a ignition retard module...maybe that'll help the pinging on the more "wild" tunes in my chip? Any issues I should be warned about if I were to install this on my ride?

voidfinger

Reaction score

9psi 98 said:
Here ya go VoidFinger,

8.jpg

blowerpic.jpg

Thats one nice rig you got there. So what is the alt. hooked too? the supercharger unit itself or is it hooked else where too? thanks

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score

voidfinger said:
9psi 98 said:
Here ya go VoidFinger,

8.jpg

blowerpic.jpg

Thats one nice rig you got there. So what is the alt. hooked too? the supercharger unit itself or is it hooked else where too? thanks

I'll snap a pic of the rear side of it and above it whenever I get some lunch in me and head back outside.

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score

Here ya go;

blowermounting1.jpg

blowermounting2.jpg

Yeah, those are new plug wires. The older one's had rust in two of the terminals on the block side......can we say illuminate the MIL light.... :nonono: It chaps my ass when people don't take care of the simplest things. previous owner -----> :slap: <----- me

voidfinger

Reaction score

yea, i know what you mean, i got a ram air style hood and water gets down into the plug holes and i had trouble with that one time. That looks like a totally different alt. than i got. Mine doesn't have the thing where it bolts to the coil pack bracket.....did that come in the kit???

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score

No idea brother, it was on the car when I bought it..... The reason I'm in these forums so much, I'm trying to find out as much as possible about it. I'm a 5.0 fox-body guy that is new to this SN95 stuff.

voidfinger

Reaction score

i got ya, maybe drop top will know, Any clue drop ?

O and does it have like a blower whine , kinda like the KB?

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score

Mine is completely silent until I'm anywhere between half and full throttle under load. It's not annoying like a vortech SC, it has more of a spooling up whine that appears when you're getting on it dissapears instantly when you let off. If you want your car to be a sleeper, this is your SC. This is even quieter than a Kenne Bell or a Stock lightning.

voidfinger

Reaction score

cool, that sounds nice. Where you located dude, if your close i would like to see the car close up. I might have to put an svo charger on mine, i think it with some cams and some gears and a good torque coverter would make some good times and power :)

voidfinger

Reaction score

o ok, nevermind. I'm in North Carolina. :( I would really like to ride in a svo car so i could see how it feels.

So does your car have the pi swap? and if so do you have the 10.5 to 1 cr?
I saw on ford that they made a kit for the 96/98 with the pi swap? does this mean you can run it with 10.5:1 CR? that don't seem safe.

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score

I wouldn't recommend it. I'm running 9:1. You wouldn't want to ride in my car right now anyway. I gotta get my car tuned. It pulls like crazy.....as long as you keep it below 5k rpm, then it starts to lose power for some reason. If I put it into any of the other 2 programs that I have it'll start to detonate. So instead of blowing my motor up I'm just going to take it easy for now until I get a new MAF, new injectors, and a tune.

voidfinger

Reaction score

yea thats true, you probably need a good tune and some good cams. The pi cams are great but like drop top said, a blower needs some more.

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score

I'll work some more overtime and get cams installed while I'm at it I'm sure. All of this work needs to be done or has to be ready to put in when I go to tune. No sense in getting it tuned now.

voidfinger

Reaction score

yea thats true. I was just reading an old old old mustang mag and it was from 99 and it had a modular shoot out and the one 99 was a gt auto and it had the basic svo kit pushing 6 pounds and it had skinnies and m/t e t streets on the back and it ran 12.30 at 110 with just that and matting the throttle at the light, it said you couldn't even rev it on the line at all or it would break loose and just burn the tires. man i think that is a good way to go :) that with some good mods like an torque converter, gears, and pulley....that thing could be an 11 second daily driver. :pimp: :dancing6: :banana: O0 :hammer: :behind:

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score

No torque converter for me, I'm running a 5-speed. I'd have to slip the clutch at the line or the torque will blow my tires off or it'd hook up and I'd break something. I have no idea what this thing will run at the track, the previous owner never took it to the track for fear of beating on it. I'm curious to take it to the track one night but I'm not going to go if it's losing power over 5k rpm. I have an old dyno sheet on the lowest performance program and it says 302rwhp and 342rwtq. That was the last owners best.....not me. I have some work to do before I'm content.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online