inner fender splash guards

daltonduree

Reaction score
is it safe to remove these? my car is lowered quite a bit on the front and everytime i hit a good bump the tire smack the inner fender. so can i remove the plastic crap or what should i do? ignore it?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't remove them if I were you.

Why is your tire hitting the fender to begin with? Is your spring rate soft? Are your bumpstops not working?

I modified my fender guards because my car was rubbing, but that's the only problem I have.

9790815676_69f14c2186_z.jpg
9790827174_e66192bf0f_z.jpg

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Dont do it.

Especially if you have a CAI in the fender and drive in the rain... ask me how I know

OP
OP
D

daltonduree

Reaction score
well they only rub the top of the plastic... i have my car slammed. love the look. handles awsome. but every pothole/bump. smack! sprigs are stiff and dont allow much roll when turning hard. ill take some pics of the plastic tomarrow.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Just do what [MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION] did and just trim out the part it rubs on

OP
OP
D

daltonduree

Reaction score
1KNZPWV.jpg
its low... also this weekend i installed my winter tires and rims. and some wide spacers on the rear. big difference. come spring the rear is getting lowered more too.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What spring & shock combo are you running? Are the bumpstops even in?
481.gif

That is PLENTY of fender gap to keep you from rubbing.
Lots of people on here are lower then that and don't experience rubbing on the fender liner.

OP
OP
D

daltonduree

Reaction score
yeah. come to think of it i took the bump stops out... but im lowered about 2 and a quarter inches. i may have not known what the rubber things in the springs were... now i do. but i took out the isolators too. but shocks are stock i believe. and springs are back door eibach springs. i know they are stiff because when i installed them i could manage to compress my new stock springs and these were like a rock.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That might be your issue. Definitely put your bumpstops back in when you have the chance. They are there to end suspension travel so the tire doesn't hit the body.

2im7upf.jpg

Isolators shouldn't matter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78