intake gaskets anyone?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
FINALLLLLLLLLLLLY! me and the pops are starting on it here in a few minutes.. Texas has finally got some good weather, hopefully it sticks around! i can't wait to get it done and tuned!

weve never really tore into this motor before so hopefully it will go smooth.

i wont be here to check the site but i can always come back every now and then. any advice for us rookie modular mechanics? lol

or anyone got anything specific that we should know for the intake gaskets? feel free to post up some info and help us out. :dancing6:

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
what all are you doing? i am putting my intake back as we i type. went ahead and delelted the imrc's and did the head cooling mod. you should check into it if you ever plan on throwing boost at her.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
ju015dd said:
what all are you doing? i am putting my intake back as we i type. went ahead and delelted the imrc's and did the head cooling mod. you should check into it if you ever plan on throwing boost at her.
what do you need to delete the imrc's?

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
well me and my dad decided not to do it.. looks like a pretty time consuming job and right now i only have one hand so i wont be much help.

we are taking my car up to HPPRacing (where paul took KB) and they are doing uppers and lowers for 125... AND a little suprise for you guys, im getting my car tuned finally too.. so 625 for tuning, and intake gaskets! :) :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6:

ill definitely post up dyno numbers and pictures. :dancing6:

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
ju015dd said:
what do you need to delete the imrc's?

i just pulled mine, took the butterfly valves out along with the rod. took the controller off the bottom of the intake. i then took my dremol tool and smoothed all the ports out on the plates. took some epoxy and filled the two very outside holes on each plate, 4 total combined. will prob have a check engine light until i can get it turned off via tune, but i can live with it for now. i should have her all done up in a few min.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
were doing the upper and lower intake gaskets though. it sounded like a pretty lengthy process.. id rather let HPP do it because it will only take them 2 hours. then dyno session afterwards. i dont mind paying 125. i wanted to do it myself but my dad doesn't want to and it would be pretty hard for me to do it with a cast on my right hand. (im also right handed)

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
maybe i missed another thread or something but why are you getting them replaced? i know mine have been taken apart many times and i am still on the original set of gaskets.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah after talkin to the guys at Lonestar Performance, they said that they are almost 99% sure my problem does not lie within the intake gaskets... he said it is nearly impossible to blow one of those. so idk..

i did buy a water temp, oil pressure, and a pillar gauge pod though.

I use the ECT sensor to make the water temperature work right.. anyone know which one i use? like out of the two or w/e?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online