Intercooler Options

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I am getting my Vortech SQ Trim Mongoose Kit installed March 10, and am starting to save up for an intercooler. I don't want to fab one up myself. I was looking at buying the Paxton A/A off of MPH, but $1500 for a intercooler is kind of rediculous. Are there any other intercoolers you guys are running that will support my SQ trim? I dont know if this matters, but keep in mind i have a 1997 GT. Pics would be awesome too! Thanks guys!

TheBab

Reaction score
Buy a bar and plate intercooler on ebay for around $200.. buy a piping kit for $85... and boom...

S

scarface

TheBab said:
Buy a bar and plate intercooler on ebay for around $200.. buy a piping kit for $85... and boom...
where would one get this "piping kit"?

TheBab

Reaction score
Search on ebay for intercooler piping... There will be all kinds of kits... 2.5" ... 3"... etc...I found a kit that is 3" piping with all the clamps/couplers and what not... also a TWELVE piece kit.. not a 8 piece kit like most... for around $100 shipped.

I'm going to be doing a DIY / Budget FMIC set up in the next month or so..

I'll take pictures through my process.. I'm going to spend less than $300-400....

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
TheBab said:
Search on ebay for intercooler piping... There will be all kinds of kits... 2.5" ... 3"... etc...I found a kit that is 3" piping with all the clamps/couplers and what not... also a TWELVE piece kit.. not a 8 piece kit like most... for around $100 shipped.

I'm going to be doing a DIY / Budget FMIC set up in the next month or so..

I'll take pictures through my process.. I'm going to spend less than $300-400....

interesting

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
ya you have to mock up you own cold side piping to work with you intercooler..... alot of guys at turbomustang.com do it fairly easy if your have a good eye and good at welding

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
I am getting my Vortech SQ Trim Mongoose Kit installed March 10, and am starting to save up for an intercooler. I don't want to fab one up myself. I was looking at buying the Paxton A/A off of MPH, but $1500 for a intercooler is kind of rediculous. Are there any other intercoolers you guys are running that will support my SQ trim? I dont know if this matters, but keep in mind i have a 1997 GT. Pics would be awesome too! Thanks guys!

Vortech sells one.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
they do? If by Vortech you mean the Paxton a/a that is the one i am going to do

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members