introductions

copmagnet

Reaction score
Hey guys, glad to join the forums. I got my first car, 96 red mustang GT, my dream car. i'm a high school senior, autoshop student, aand i'm glad to be here.

DSC_0137.jpg

007-15.jpg

206.jpg

181.jpg

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! This is a great place with a ton of information and great people! Enjoy your stay and we love pictures so throw some up of your new car. Congrats on your first car!

Also you're in my neck of the woods. I live in the Hickory area of Chesapeake. 15 minutes from Moyock. Cya around town!

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
It most likely wasn't mine. I just picked up this car and brought it home from PA on Thursday but I've lived in this area my entire life so you might have seen some of my other cars.

Do you have any exterior shots of the car?

That sounds like a plan to me. There are some local meets that you should check out if you aren't familiar with. Jenros Coffee Shop in VA Beach is the most common one. It's at the corner of Haygood and Indepedence in the Haygood Shopping center. You can google search for the address.

OP
OP
C

copmagnet

Reaction score
yupp, check first post, I got some up.

how often do people meet up at that shop? not much of a coffee guy, but I love to check out some modded stangs, and I love compliments on mine. I'm working on getting some more power into her..but money is getting tight.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
yupp, check first post, I got some up.

how often do people meet up at that shop? not much of a coffee guy, but I love to check out some modded stangs, and I love compliments on mine. I'm working on getting some more power into her..but money is getting tight.

Just saw the first post. Looks good! Love the wheels. What are you plans for it?

As for the meet, it's just held at the Coffee shop which is in a strip mall. The owner just lets us fill up the parking lot infront of his shop. It's not a mustang only meet, more of a open meet but it's usually filled with hot rods and muscle cars. All ages and types of cars. And there are a few places to eat right in the shopping center. It usually meets on Fridays or Saturdays. I haven't been for a while since I just got back into the mustang world but I know a ton of people who go out there.

Since you have a modular car you should also check out the ModularFords forum. Here is the link for the thread on there for Hampton Roads: http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f253/hampton-roads-159742/index240.html (my username on that forum is "1OF723"). That section of ModularFords forum has a lot of information about meets and also cruises that they throw together. This area has a huge mustang community so there's always something going on.

OP
OP
C

copmagnet

Reaction score
Just saw the first post. Looks good! Love the wheels. What are you plans for it?

As for the meet, it's just held at the Coffee shop which is in a strip mall. The owner just lets us fill up the parking lot infront of his shop. It's not a mustang only meet, more of a open meet but it's usually filled with hot rods and muscle cars. All ages and types of cars. And there are a few places to eat right in the shopping center. It usually meets on Fridays or Saturdays. I haven't been for a while since I just got back into the mustang world but I know a ton of people who go out there.

Since you have a modular car you should also check out the ModularFords forum. Here is the link for the thread on there for Hampton Roads: http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f253/hampton-roads-159742/index240.html (my username on that forum is "1OF723"). That section of ModularFords forum has a lot of information about meets and also cruises that they throw together. This area has a huge mustang community so there's always something going on.

wierd, EVERYBODY loves those rims, I freaking hate them. as for externals, I'm blacking her out, smoked cobra lights, GT500 style rims, smoked tails, slp loudmouths.

go-new shocks and struts, control arms, sway bars, 4:10's, long tube headers, pi swap, some nice cams, 70mm TB, pullies, and i'm building a motor on the side, my plans for it are...

forged i beams, forged pistons, cobra crank, S/c cams, and either a kenne bell or paxton style blower. of course i'm still planning that one out.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, I think they look good. Esp once the car has a good lowered stance, they would look great. But hopefully it won't take you long to sell them when it comes time!

Well it seems like you got solid plans for it. Definitely keep us updated.

OP
OP
C

copmagnet

Reaction score
I forgot lowering it, I want to do that. I get offers on them all the time, but usually in the ball park of 150 for all four, with the tires...I just spent 800$ for the tires, so...maybe if i got a nice offer for them....

but yea man, I would love to meet up and ride, lemme know when your going to that meet and I follow you there.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Well $150 seems a little low to me but I'm not really sure what those wheels go for. Check out Corral.net if you aren't already aware of it. It's a HUGE market for mustangs. You can see what they are going for so you don't get ripped off.

Yeah sounds good, I don't know how often they meet during this time of the year since the weather sucks but I know once it gets warmer its an every weekend event. I just bought the Cobra and got it home. It needs new exhaust to pass inspection which I should be ordering here soon. You can see my thread by clicking the link in my signature.

OP
OP
C

copmagnet

Reaction score
I love those saleen rims, and those slps..they loudmouths or loudmouth IIs?

sadly, mine will be driven year round...but thats ok with me, my car responds very well during the cold, i feel like i have gained 50HP when its cool outside.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
The Saleens are for sale if you want to make an offer! Haha

I'm not 100% sure which series of SLP it is. I am going to be taking it off on Monday so I can let you know and they are also going up for sale.

Hey that's ok. This is my first mustang that will be stored. Every other one I've owned over the past 8ish years have been daily driven. And just wait till you get some forced induction on it then drive it in the winter, haha those are the fun days.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Haha, I'll putting them up for $1,200 OBO so if you get some money together and they are still available let me know (I will be putting together a FS thread next week)

Bike as in motorcycle? No I don't. They are nice but I'd rather not risk my life, esp with the drives around this area. I've had a few friends pass away on motorcycle accidents (even within this month) so I just couldn't ever get one and live here. If I ever move out of this area I would consider it more.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i'm still looking through that thread, those rims authentic or repro's? they come with fresh rubber? 17's or 18's? willing to trade?

They are reps as far as I'm aware. I haven't had a chance to check the backs & find out if they are real or not but I am sure they are probably reps. They are brand new though. Less than 1200 miles total on the wheels. The specs are 18x9 (front) 18x10 (rear). The tires are compound road racing C91 tires with ONE lap on them. The previous owner works for a company that owns a race team and the race team tests the tires for one lap then takes them off. He happened to talk someone into letting him buy a set.

Not willing to trade unfortunately, I need the extra cash to pay the rest of the loan off on my truck.