is there a way to monitor obd1 diagnostics on a phone/pc

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am sure we have all seen the neat things they have for obd2 systems but is there one that will work similarly for obd1?

95opal

Reaction score
I am sure we have all seen the neat things they have for obd2 systems but is there one that will work similarly for obd1?

in order to dtalog anything you need a wideband o2 set up. I use zeitronix but theres also tweecer and Anderson pms also.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a full set of aftermarket gauges to monitor everything from AIT to oil temp and the ability to datalog them with that system. I am toying with the idea of installing either a small tablet or a pc to do this and was just thinking it would be nice to be able to monitor and reset codes from it.

95opal

Reaction score
I have a full set of aftermarket gauges to monitor everything from AIT to oil temp and the ability to datalog them with that system. I am toying with the idea of installing either a small tablet or a pc to do this and was just thinking it would be nice to be able to monitor and reset codes from it.

That's all fine and dandy but the most important thing to monitor is your AFR, Vacuum, Boost, Exhaust Gas Temperature, Throttle Position, 0-5 volt sensors , oil temp and alt charging can be done with a simple gauge.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well darn. Looks like another vote for the megasquirt if I wanted to do this idea then....

lutter94

Reaction score
OBD-1 only reports codes, in a key on engine on (or off) scenario. I don't think you can check codes while driving down the road, and it definitely doesn't report any live data.

cameron57

Reaction score
Megasquirt has recently caught my attention also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have no intentions of driving down the road while trying to pull up and reset codes. But there are a world of options open for streaming things as well as for things like this that if it were all hooked up and worked correctly would be nice and easy. I put the "work correctly" in there as I know its only a matter of time before the pc it bad/outdated and hopefully it will never ask me if I am sure when I shut it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online