Is this cobra powered 2000 worth looking at

Lowtech

Reaction score
I'm looking for a clean chassis, 99-04, and a decent engine to build a dedicated hillclimb car. Came across a 2000 with a 98 Cobra engine that might have a spun bearing. Is it even worth looking at? I'm thinking if the engine is damaged can I salvage the heads for another block, sell the whole engine, or get it rebuilt if not too badly damaged? The budget is tight here, have other big buys to manage, like a trailer and maintenance on the hauler.

Thanks
R

Snorky

Reaction score
I'm looking for a clean chassis, 99-04, and a decent engine to build a dedicated hillclimb car. Came across a 2000 with a 98 Cobra engine that might have a spun bearing. Is it even worth looking at? I'm thinking if the engine is damaged can I salvage the heads for another block, sell the whole engine, or get it rebuilt if not too badly damaged? The budget is tight here, have other big buys to manage, like a trailer and maintenance on the hauler.

Thanks
R
The the whole top end can be used on a gt iron block if it came to it. The engines aren't terribly difficult to assemble. Take a look at the car. I would make sure you are getting a clean body and interior. The drivetrain is easily replaceable

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online