‘97 Cobra Restomod

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
Its all smoothed out and one color again! Rust preventative/primer is done. I finally got a source for PPG so I'm about 90% settled on a color for the car. The subframe is getting single stage black poly but the car will probably have.... Avalanche Grey single stage.

And thusly it has a name... Project Snow Pony :D

KSkwg5q.jpg

OFDbRNX.jpg

next up!

rDHl0bm.jpg

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
I'm lookin! My neighbor has a buddy with a black 97 5spd that has a spun bearing, he's seeing if I can get it for a song.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not bad. Here’s to hoping for a build thread soon!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
Pinion gear installed and preload set.

aB5ZyhiiNaMxvZF49
IMG_20181217_181317455.jpg

AND I checked out this little stinker AND we have a deal that is pending my bonus deposit which should be any day now. Its a real 97 cobra with a teksid block which is out of the car and the guy is throwing in a set of bbk longtubes and a kooks x pipe (I think) along with delivery. I want to run a carfax but if everything goes according to plan... well... ya know.

blacky1.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Finally!!!! We’re getting a stang!!!!!!!!! :)

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Funny. I just saw your thread on SVTP. When I got to the part about the IRS I thought it sounded familiar. Good luck with it.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
Since the car will be here tomorrow by 3:30 or friday I had to get this thing painted to free up the bay... So here it is with its fresh coat of single stage black. I'm pretty impressed with the quality the cheapy CH guns provided.

I messed up a couple things, went a little too fast and got some runs, but that's exactly why I started with this thing.

nrC78Sz.jpg

I'm pretty excited right now :D

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
With the attention to detail on the IRS, I can't wait to see what you do to this cobra. Keep us posted!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
HOLY FAWKING SHIZNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...............grabs a case of beer and gets ready to watch an epic build!!!!!!!!!

So is it too early to ask what all thoughts you have on this so far?? Paint? Interior? Stereo? Wheels?? I swear I’m not crazy, must be that line of powder sugar I hit while helping make cookies..............lol

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
HOLY FAWKING SHIZNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...............grabs a case of beer and gets ready to watch an epic build!!!!!!!!!

So is it too early to ask what all thoughts you have on this so far?? Paint? Interior? Stereo? Wheels?? I swear I’m not crazy, must be that line of powder sugar I hit while helping make cookies..............lol

YES!

First things first, I have to get this motor back together. I'm thinking probably 800 for reassembly and probably 2-300 for someone to tear down and inspect/clean the heads to validate whether or not they need work. They look good but I don't want to chance it.

The BBK headers/x pipe and necessary tune (car came with its SCT scanner) should get be over 300rwhp which is plenty for a car with 4.10 gears.

Next, we gotta get this IRS in the car
Then, we gotta get the engine bay prepped and painted Avalanche Grey

So that's the color for the car. Avalanche Grey.

All of this is subject to change because this is Texas and I do what I want.

I'm 98% on selling the cobra bumpers and sideskirts then debadging the whole thing.

The cowl hood has got to go in favor of a stock gt/v6 hood
rear bumper will have no letters
side pipes turned down all subtle like

new headlights
debating keeping the tinted tails.

body mods:
shaved trunk
shaved door keyholes
relocated trunk keyhole
accentuated decklid lip
modified gas tank lid and modern push to open latch system
filled in license plate spot

Oh and since Its originally a crystal white car I'm going to strip it... so that's gonna suck.

Then paint the whole car in the aforementioned AG.

Wheels: the 03 cobras are mint and I love them so they stay.

Stereo: doesn't matter to me. it has the mach 1 system that I will likely rip out in favor of something far lighter

interior: new carpet, modified leather wrapped dash, floor mounted shifter, maybe relocate the door and window switches to a new console more like what you'll find in a 360 modena. I always hated the stock sn95 console. heavy, ugly, and cheap looking.

I've already ripped out the rear seats and the front ones will be replaced with something that looks nice but is actually supportive.

That is phase 1.

Phase 2 is basically maximum motorsports k member, control arms, coilovers, and cobra R brakes

Phase 3 would be a tremec magnum close ratio 6spd

So that's my dream. We'll see how it goes.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Most people take non-cobras ad try to make them look like cobras, but your gonna take a real cobra and dress it like a sixxer?!?!

Oh the SVT die hards are gonna lose their shit over this!!!!!!!! [emoji1787]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.