Its offical 3v

Shame302

Reaction score
97whitevert said:
I actually just realized I know the shop this kid is talking about. The owner is legitimately skilled in motor swaps. Like he stated, the owner drives a bullitt with a 5.4 from a Denali I think, forged internals with an eaton from an 03/04 cobra. He built this thing himself.

On another note, he also doesn't do his mechanic work for a living. Last I talked to him, he was still working at a factory and doing this on the side. Its been about a year since I spoke with him, so his situation may have changed. He is also known for providing REALLY cheap labor. He put a set of longtubes on my buddies 99gt for $100. So yeah. I actually called him when I was doing my 4v swap to see what he would charge me. He studied about it for a couple days, and called me and said he would do the swap for $350. No tuning of course, but I thought it was extremely cheap for the work involved. He actually scared me away for being too cheap lol.

OP, you're from Sonora right? I'd like to see this when its done, definitely. You should join Bowling Green Mustangs.com. Where do you plan on having it tuned, Speedy's in Owensboro?

A Denali huh?

Anyway, if this guy is the case then yeah, maybe he will be on budget. OP said he was having a "shop" do the swap ie a speed shop, not "some dude". Hell, I could do the work for free if i wanted too.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Never heard of a Denali with a 5.4 but I guess it could happen. is the 4v 4.6 really better than the 3v? I've heard the 3v likes bolt ons a lot more and heard it responds to boost better than the 4v...

Marvin97

Reaction score
Denali? well ****, I meant Navigator.
badass98svt said:
For the 3K, why not just drop a huffer on your 2V
Putting a blower on a trashed 2v wouldn't make it any faster :dontknow:
Shame302 said:
A Denali huh?

Anyway, if this guy is the case then yeah, maybe he will be on budget. OP said he was having a "shop" do the swap ie a speed shop, not "some dude". Hell, I could do the work for free if i wanted too.
What does it take to be classified as a "speed" shop? He owns his own garage where he works in the afternoons and weekends. He is hardly just another shade tree mechanic.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
He doesn't want to boost his 2v because the engine is on it's way out as is, so instead of rebuilding his 2v he's stepping up to a 3v engine. Didn't you guys read the thread? :dontknow: lol

OP
OP
M

Modmotor4life

Reaction score
^^^lol thank you sir...I was wanting to put a set of cams in the car but the motor crapped out. So i stepped up to a 3v motor..If anyone on here thinks a 3v isnt better than a 2v then you dont know as much as you think..I dont know it all but jeez. You cant say a 2v flows as good as a 3v.....

Marvin97

Reaction score
So when do you expect to have this done? I drive by his shop nearly every day and have seen your car there. We need to head to Beech Bend when u get it finished. I'll show you why people swap in 4v's instead of 3v's lol

Shame302

Reaction score
What does it take to be classified as a "speed" shop? He owns his own garage where he works in the afternoons and weekends. He is hardly just another shade tree mechanic.

Is he a licensed and bonded/insured mechanic with an actual legit business, or is he some dude working out of his garage? Quite a difference.

badass98svt

Reaction score
What happened to your motor that it's "on it's way out"?

Marvin97

Reaction score
Shame302 said:
Is he a licensed and bonded/insured mechanic with an actual legit business, or is he some dude working out of his garage? Quite a difference.
He is licensed and insured, it is a legitimate business.

Shame302

Reaction score
He is licensed and insured, it is a legitimate business.
[/quote]

So what is the shops number, yellow page listing or address/ contact info?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online