Its offical 3v

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Ya, if it was at the shop it should be done, pics asap! I really want to see how this turned out, I think it would be a fun swap...

bsn95w

Reaction score
there are stock block, and stock headed 2vs in the 9's.. not hard. however, a 3v swap would be cool regardless.. just cause stock for stock, its faster then a 2v, and you would be one of only a few (maybe just one?) whos done with an edge... that being said, good luck!

though, if it were me, id leave the pi heads on, and build them... the more valves on a mod motor, the harder it is to dd... (drove my cousins termi when he was sent to afgan, and have test driven a few machs before i settled on my gt..)

Dysfunction

Reaction score
I don't quite understand how they're harder to driver? I love the feel of the 4v's..

Anywho.. I'd love to see pictures if this actually happened..

tekcisGT

Reaction score
Honestly I think it will be a pain, but once its said and done.... rock n roll. How soon is this gonna happen??

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
I dd my 4v and dont see any problems with driveability! but not to get off topic good luck with the build and let us know how much better the car feels when you get it out of the shop...

KWClutch

Reaction score
I dd my cobra from time to time and I want MOAR. My only problem is clearance and that's a problem I chose to have.

OP
OP
M

Modmotor4life

Reaction score
GarageApr52010001.jpg

GarageApr52010003.jpg

OP
OP
M

Modmotor4life

Reaction score
final numbers 291/336..Car pulls a lot harder than before..I raced an 01 cobra with SCT tune, JLT intake, bassani catted x pipe, and cat back, Pro 50 shifter and 4.10 gears from a 30 roll i pulled a car length on him and at around 100 he started pulling back we both let off at about 115ish and we were side by side. My car is an auto and besides the 3v motor it has an x pipe and mufflers..Stock tranny, stock torque converter, stock 3.27 gears.

OP
OP
M

Modmotor4life

Reaction score
The swap would have cost me around 3200-3300. However we ran into some problems..I wanted new plugs put in. Two plugs broke on each side..Had no choice but to take the heads off..So we ordered new heads gaskets and head bolts. That was an extra 437 and some change. Now that the new motor is in the hood wont shut lol. So now i have ordered another hood, which means more money..If i had known it was going to cost this much i would have done a 4v swap instead.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Modmotor4life said:
The swap would have cost me around 3200-3300. However we ran into some problems..I wanted new plugs put in. Two plugs broke on each side..Had no choice but to take the heads off..So we ordered new heads gaskets and head bolts. That was an extra 437 and some change. Now that the new motor is in the hood wont shut lol. So now i have ordered another hood, which means more money..If i had known it was going to cost this much i would have done a 4v swap instead.

nice stuff man. congrats on the build!!! get us some pictures.

OP
OP
M

Modmotor4life

Reaction score
MustangChris said:
Modmotor4life said:

nice stuff man. congrats on the build!!! get us some pictures.

Pictures are a couple posts up

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Nice work man, at least you put up and that's what we all wanted! Took a LONG fricken time though, was the guy having sex with your car while working on it or something? Regardless, looks good, I have never seen this done before and I'm really impressed, I do see that you didn't opt for the electronic throttle though :p.

OP
OP
M

Modmotor4life

Reaction score
I got the car back about 2 months ago maybe, i wasnt even gonna post in this forum anymore because most people seem like douche bags. But i figured what the heck.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's awesome dude, congrats on the swap! It sucks about the extra money now but that's part of being one of the first to do something I'd guess. Oh well the car will look really mean with a cowl hood and you have something unique. I like it but probably would have opted for a 4v in that situation just because of the simplicity. Props though man.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Looks good.

Modmotor4life said:
i wasnt even gonna post in this forum anymore because most people seem like douche bags.

lol yeah spend $3500.00 + to gain what!? 100hp? if that
real nice,Genius.

ThePope

Reaction score
Congrats on the build man. Have any videos of it running?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
javi said:
Looks good.

Modmotor4life said:
i wasnt even gonna post in this forum anymore because most people seem like douche bags.

lol yeah spend $3500.00 + to gain what!? 100hp? if that
real nice,Genius.

Its really not that bad all considering what he got done.

Theres always an easier/cheaper way to make power and go fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online