JB's 97 Vert Build Thread *Update 6/5/11*

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Well...I'm bored...so I decided to go through all my old pictures over the past 5 years and show you guys the different phases my car has gone through.

I bought the car about 5 years ago...and this is how she looked. It had the peanut butter interior, a gross tan top, and totaly stock. I took these pictures after I put my exhaust on, and replaced the stock headlights with these. I accidentally ordered clear corners with that horrible orange dot :confused1:

STOCKish
stock1.jpg

stock3.jpg

stock5.jpg

I added some performance mods to it at this point: 3.73s, shifter. Then it was time for a new black top:

blacktoptint.jpg

Next up was 15% tint, and I had to get rid of the damn orange dot so I go some true clear corners, also added some 99-04 GT badges. At this point I had also added my o/r h-pipe, pullies, and tb/plenum setup.

beforedrop.jpg

I was pretty happy with my car at this point...but I knew it was time for suspension. So I added some H&R Supersports, GMS U/L CAs, and new shocks/strust...also, a chin spoiler for an added touch. For some reason I thought that GT badge looked good at the time in place of the ford emblem :violent1:

gallerypic1g.jpg

gallerypic4.jpg

gallerypic6.jpg

My rear wheels were really tucked in which pissed me off, so I got a 1.5" spacer to bring them out, looked much better:

tintloweredspacerschin.jpg

Then, I won a contest on mustangforums.com and won a 3" cowl hood from carbonware.com:

newhood3.png

garagehood.jpg

cwhoodpic1.jpg

My buddy Matt did a photoshoot of my car at this point:

shoot16.jpg

shoot1.jpg

shoot2.jpg

shoot4.jpg

shoot6.jpg

The whole time I was working on the exterior, I was also working on the interior...started out totally peanut butter...and slowly became black. Added some parts I got at a junkyard here:

int6.jpg

Then, while working for a Ford dealership a few years ago...someone traded in an 03 cobra with painted black cobras on it...and ditched them. So I picked these up for $200 w/ tires! Such a deal. They were 17x9s with 275/35s up front and 315s out back...no thats not a typo...the guy put 315s on a 9" wheel.

AND THE WHEEL CHANGING MADNESS BEGINS :laughing5:

blackcobras1.jpg

What 315 sumitomo's look like on a 9" wheel:

blackcobras4.jpg

blackcobras5.jpg

However...after getting black wheels...my clear headlights looked bad...so I swapped them out for some smoked ones:

hl1.jpg

hl3.jpg

The tires were pretty shot on the wheels, so I got sick of them and sold em...went back to my stockers:

washwax3.jpg

Then along game my wheel itch...upgraded to these bad boys, 18x9 18x10.5" 03 cobras 275/35 335/30 Michelin Pilot Sports...I still kick myself today for selling these wheels! Also added black bumper inserts and painted my lower valence at this point.

cobras4.jpg

tirecomparison.jpg

My buddy did another photoshoot:

http://sn95forums.com/index.php/topic,9329.msg143738.html#msg143738

At this point I worked detailing cars at a body shop...so I had one of the guys paint my mirrors and wiper arms to be unique...my car was in its prime at this point:

mirrors6.jpg

mirrors2.jpg

mirrors4.jpg

mirrors5.jpg

Sadly enough...when I was at school I was really low on cash and was forced to sell my Cobras to justinschmidt haha, and went back to my stockers. But you know that wont last! My main project last summer was to finish my interior conversion, which I did. All I need to do is carpet my rear seat delete.

dscn0776.jpg

dscn0366.jpg

dscn0760f.jpg

dscn0765.jpg

Then, as I was saving up for wheels...I got really bored with my stockers and painted them black:

dscn0560.jpg

dscn0566.jpg

Then I finally saved up enough money to get my hypercoated Saleens and back on 335 Michelins!

dscn0720.jpg

dscn0750.jpg

dscn0710.jpg

However, shortly after I purchsed my saleens, I realized I'm a dumbass and had no money left to go back to school with, so I traded my friend the saleens for his chrome bullitts + cash...so here is how she sits today. I also removed my chin spoiler because it was destroyed at this point:

dscn0768.jpg

dscn0769.jpg

DSCN0511.jpg

I left out a lot of the little things I did here and there because it would have taken me days and days to write it all haha, but thats how my car stands today...

EastBayStang98

Reaction score
Re: My GT's Evolution *PICS*

has definatelt come a long way, love those 18in 03 cobra's

dutch

Reaction score

the 18" cobra's were teh sex. But a very clean and mean car overall!

Gus98GT

Reaction score

car has come along way!

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

5 years, and all those changes, and it surprises me that you never even (thought of?) touching the spoiler.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score

Your car is one of few that i like on 03 Cobras, you should really get them again..

95SC

Reaction score

That's one pretty sick transformation.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

That was very cool to look @!! Did a good job on it. Looks much better!

ram360

Reaction score

looks great man, +1 on the 03 cobras...the car looks friggen' great w/ those.

NERD

Reaction score

Awesome.... It's like an episode of Star Trek looking into a parallel universe at your car vs. my car.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score

ARdoller said:
5 years, and all those changes, and it surprises me that you never even (thought of?) touching the spoiler.
I've had it off before (merely briefly)...and thought about an s281...just never really persued it...always had other things to do first.

Suspect

Reaction score

+1 on the cobras. those 335s are badass! :thumbsup:

JR98

Reaction score

Nice looking car bro, Hey how much was ur top and how much did it cost to install it.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score

JR98 said:
Nice looking car bro, Hey how much was ur top and how much did it cost to install it.
The top was a birthday present a longgg time ago...for the black top and glass rear window w/ defrost installed was ~$900 total.

dafizuck

Reaction score

Car has come a long way.. nice work man.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score

That's awesome dude, so many changes. I think the 18" Cobras were my favorite, Saleens were a close second but I think the like the 03s better on your car.

Goldmember

Reaction score

Very cool. Car has made a lot of progress. I'm amazed that 5 years later your stock intake (plastic coolant crossover) is still holding up.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Your car looked tits on 18" 03s and I have to say,the black stockers looked pretty good too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online