Jmod questions

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
At least in the p71 world the 4r70w is known to break those springs and usually the owner doesnt know until they pull the valve body for whatever reason. I forget whether its the upper or lower spring that will affect shift firmness more though. One of mine was probably broken on my old 98 p71. That thing could chirp the tires on the 1-2 shift if I gave it some gas lol and the transmission was untouched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here 1-2 will chirp tires even go sideways if I really give it hell
I would not go back to a regular shift
With 373 gears and and no cats the car definitely pulls hard

OP
OP
D

don grant

Reaction score
At least in the p71 world the 4r70w is known to break those springs and usually the owner doesnt know until they pull the valve body for whatever reason. I forget whether its the upper or lower spring that will affect shift firmness more though. One of mine was probably broken on my old 98 p71. That thing could chirp the tires on the 1-2 shift if I gave it some gas lol and the transmission was untouched.

Mine broke the lower spring , but the problems were with 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 shifting , It wanted to shift into those gears too fast , then it would bog the motor , at low rpm , like below 1200 rpm , as long as your over about 1300 to 1500 it was ok , or if your driving it hard it shift fine

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What’s he worse that could happen?? You blow the transmission???

I bet there is tons of them in junkyards for cheap.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
What’s he worse that could happen?? You blow the transmission???

I bet there is tons of them in junkyards for cheap.

Dam near a dime a dozen out this way
There are a lot of junk yards out in el Paso tx

07GtS197

Reaction score
Youre referring to stacked shifts. That happens when you change the rear gear. A tune could fix that, Im not sure the jmod will though.

OP
OP
D

don grant

Reaction score
Youre referring to stacked shifts. That happens when you change the rear gear. A tune could fix that, Im not sure the jmod will though.

Started when the spring broke , i heard it break , given it hell up a steep hill , first night i owned it,after driving it 150 miles home with 0 problems, the hill leads up to my house and is paved ,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online