Joshuaw3's 96 gt build

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Nice new parts bro. I do like those wheels, and a quick question on your K-member, was the mounting hole alignment good, or did you have to widen the holes any? Also, did it square up with the body good? I'm thinking about ordering a new one, but I daily the car, and was eyeing the Maximum Motorsports K. I'm just trying to get some input. Thanks

I didn’t have to widen any holes or anything. The hardest part was getting the engine mounts to line up bc the engine shifted a little. But nothing a prybar couldn’t fix. Everything aligned properly and drives right with the caster camber plates.

AStangThang

Reaction score
I didn’t have to widen any holes or anything. The hardest part was getting the engine mounts to line up bc the engine shifted a little. But nothing a prybar couldn’t fix. Everything aligned properly and drives right with the caster camber plates.
Thanks for the reply bro.
That's good to know about the fit and finish off the product. I like to hear from people that actually own/installed the product, and not from their brothers baby momma's dad's brother lol. I'm getting ready to pull my engine next month for a head/cam/header change, so I figured what a better time than now.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply bro.
That's good to know about the fit and finish off the product. I like to hear from people that actually own/installed the product, and not from their brothers baby momma's dad's brother lol. I'm getting ready to pull my engine next month for a head/cam/header change, so I figured what a better time than now.

Yeah man that’s a good idea it gives you so much more space in there. I don’t have the mm one though I got the team z kit from lmr

AStangThang

Reaction score
I'm eyeing a couple different ones, of course I want to keep my factory setup. I've got some new parts ready not go in as soon as my heads get done in a 1-2 weeks, like new springs, poly isolators and bushings.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can never go wrong with team-z. Their stuff is top notch and priced very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AStangThang

Reaction score
Can never go wrong with team-z. Their stuff is top notch and priced very well.

It's funny you say that cause I have been looking up people who have had the team z setup, so far I hear great things, and plus I like the look they have. I've narrowed it down to them and a few others.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
It's funny you say that cause I have been looking up people who have had the team z setup, so far I hear great things, and plus I like the look they have. I've narrowed it down to them and a few others.

I've got the full Team Z suspension under my 93. They are really nice pieces and have held up to street and track abuse.

AStangThang

Reaction score
Yeah I am.
Are they noisey at all? I've personally never had coil-overs on any of my Mustangs so I don't know, but I've heard from people who have them, and they say they can be mousey at times. I never did ask the brands of them, but I figured a well put together kit wouldn't do it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think the reason most people complain about noise from them is they want it slammed as far as possible so no way they would run iso's. At the very least run a couple wraps of electrical tape around the meeting points and it will help.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Uuuhhhhh.......?!?!? Where do you put isolators on a coilover setup???

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Are they noisey at all? I've personally never had coil-overs on any of my Mustangs so I don't know, but I've heard from people who have them, and they say they can be mousey at times. I never did ask the brands of them, but I figured a well put together kit wouldn't do it.

They make some noise but they aren’t loud. I mean it warns you of that in the product descriptions

AStangThang

Reaction score
Uuuhhhhh.......?!?!? Where do you put isolators on a coilover setup???

I was asking if he did run coil-overs, I really don't want to use them. I want the factory design with the spring in pockets for the a-arm. I know a lot of company's make them both ways.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Ssounds like y'all are pointing me in the correct direction. You running coil-overs?

Yes I'm running the Strange 10 way adjustable struts / coil-overs with the Team Z castor/camber plates. Team Z's CC plates are designed to fit the Strange struts. So there is no excess slop or play at the struts post.
That is or used to be an area where a lit 9f people complained about noise with other kits.

Also make sure to get the proper weight and length spring. I like the 12" springs up front. The 14" tend to rub more on the threaded collar when low.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
4CDEA4BC-21D2-422F-B261-C5E3A56DCC0B.jpeg C51B9764-D5F9-4A33-8E4E-3BA0E0743AB9.jpeg Got my wheels back from the powder coater, I’m beyond pleased. Also test fitted the center caps from bbs. They fit great as well. The center cap still has the protective film over it which is why it looks blurry

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Hey guys I got the wheels put on the car and passenger front tire fits fine and doesn’t hit the coil over but the driver side tire is hitting the coil over it’s barely on there but it’s going to rub. I have the full team z k member, a arm and coil over kit. With bumpsteer and c/c plates. Any ideas as to why the driver side rubs on the coil over and the passenger doesn’t?

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Loosen the bolts that hold the spindle to the strut and pull it out. There's some play between the bolts and spindle. It might be enough to give you the clearance you need.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online

No members online now.