Just a little FYI...

mattman347

Reaction score
I do not post much here but i do a lot of reading. I was having a problem with my cobra not wanting to go over 3500 rpm's. So my first thought was to change the filter, I did that and it still had the same problem! So i look at this site for answers and found that these cars have that IMRC, So i took it out and it was gummy so I cleaned it and re-installed everything to later find out that i still had the same problem. I put a fuel gauge on it and had 30-psi at idle but when i would rev it up it would fall flat on its face like the filter was plugged.

My car has 60,000 miles on it and it sits a lot, so I thought that maybe it could have some crap in the tank causing low fuel pressure or a weak pump. I dropped the tank to find it has two sock filters that were plugged off with rust. I cleaned them and needless to say I am back in action today and driving with what feels like a lot more power!! Lust thought i would share as it could help someone else.

cobra97

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I will keep in mind if I should ever have this problem. :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online