Just bought a 2000 gt but it has some issues

gumby5.0

Reaction score
a724be08a52b0d1269ac70a8bd4ef43e.jpg
just picked up this 2000 gt for $1200 but it has electrical problems that I was made aware of before I purchased. I cannot for the life of me figure out what's going on even though i am pretty sure they are all related in some sorts.

The flashers/hazards, mach 460, door locks, dome/map lights, interior trunk light and the courtesy lights all do not work. Are these all tied into each other at some point?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I wish I could help direct you to the problem, but electrical problems aren't my forte. Anyhow the power probe is a good tool if you can make or save some money using it.

I've always wanted one of these but never really needed it yet (knock on wood). But for electrical, it'll help find all kinds of shorts and direct you straight to the problem....

http://youtu.be/2xfOw04fDDM

on another note it looks like you got a good deal on a clean car, and could part it for much more than you paid

ster302

Reaction score
I'd start obviously by looking at all the fuses, especially the box under the hood since those fuses typically feed multiple fuse under the dash. Next, I would check ground G206 which is located center of dash. I can't tell you exactly where that is but if it the same as my 94 I believe they're will be a couple screws with ground eyelets where the attaches to the trans tunnel. Was the dash ever pulled for a heater core or evap that you now of? Check the large connectors in each kick panel some may look clipped but aren't, I have come across that multiple times. Happy hunting.

OP
OP
G

gumby5.0

Reaction score
Well I've checked fuses and Swapped out the gem module with a known good unit. I'm starting to think maybe the problems aren't all connected.

RichV

Reaction score
Start out with a good electrical diagram, parts store manuals will work for the most part, however some are better than others.

Get a decent DVM if you don't already have one.

Start with a circuit and trace it to the power source. Repeat. I bet they are somehow related, just because the fuse is good does not mean there is power at the source. Could be a faulty fuse box as well. Circuit breakers too.

OP
OP
G

gumby5.0

Reaction score
I've just relized how important it is to really start simple. I was missing a maxi fuse in the underhood fuse box. I swear I checked them all...........

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I've just relized how important it is to really start simple. I was missing a maxi fuse in the underhood fuse box. I swear I checked them all...........

Thats good to hear, so is everything in order now??

OP
OP
G

gumby5.0

Reaction score
Everything is good now except I'm only getting sound through the tweeters

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member