KillNThrill's Thread - Updated 6/30

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Sounds mean as fawk dude. Thats why I love 4.6s, they sound so nasty, i want one! Nice videos, actually picked up the sound of the car lol. Everytime i try to make a video it never picks up shit lmao

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Haha I didn't even think of how that sounded to you guys...

But yeah I'm loving this thing the more I drive it in its fixed condition. Sounds good, runs better... I love it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
So ever since I put on that manifold, and deleted my EGR, and fixed my misfire... I haven't gotten above 15.9 avg mpg... Now some might be saying why are you complaining but I used to get 20+ driving like a total jackass.... My question is where the fawk do I start? I thought maybe it was my tiny little BBK so I picked this up

And so far, I don't think it's helping. DA FAK GUYS!! This shit sucks of having to fill up 3 times a week. I burned through almost half a tank of gas today and o yeah I filled up TODAY! Lol no really this shit sucks and it's killing my bank account

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
On a side note... The new choke point for my intake

EDIT: didn't realize the cobra was chillin in the background haha. Hope he gets that thing back on the road next year

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Well it's been 7 months since I've updated this thread and I've done a decent amount since then. I guess lol.. But the biggest thing is what I bought today... After much teetering back and forth about what I wanna do to my car I've finally found myself dead set on a custom turbo build. I have tons and tons of resources to help me out, I have the entire list I need to finish it up, now all I need is the money. But I pulled the trigger and on today, the day I quit my job, I bought this beauty...

It's a Turbonetics (obviously) T72/68 .81AR. Plans are to run CG Fab hotside (can get a good deal on them through local shop), CX Racing cold side, Turbosmart 50mm bov, Turbosmart 40mm wastegate (also get a good deal on them through same shop) and an aeromotive 340 in tank. I'll get some 42's and a blow through style maf and I'll pretty much be set. It's a very large list lol and I know once the nickle and dime phase gets here I'm gonna cry but I'm dead set on doing this. Then next year (or so) when I can get a lower end I can bump up the boost a bit :) I'm super stoked for this build to begin

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend I used to work with at Chevy that works at Turbonetics now, good products. I'm excited for ya, can't wait to see this coming together but it's great to see you have the ball rolling.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Tyler my buddy Corey (Turbo2vGT) talked me into it after I told him I wanted an on3. He told me it's all chinese shit and to just do it right the first time. He runs a Turbonetics on his car and has for the past few years so I knew I could count on them to be a good company. So I totally agree they must be good products.

And thanks man it's been a long undecisive journey but I've finally figured out exactly what I want to do. And with Corey's help we got a list together of everything I'll need to get started. I too can't wait to get this going man, it's going to be a hell of a lot of fun

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You're gonna
shitbricks.gif
when you stomp the gas when it's all said and done.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
No doubt man no freakin doubt. It's going to be an awesome feeling to say the least. I told the old man the plan and he freaked out telling me I'm gonna blow my shit up. I mean freaked the **** out lol. I don't get that man

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Forced induction scares the shit out of me. Why? Because I was brought up in the garage with my old man making power the real way. Forced induction was reserved for track cars until only a matter of about 25ish years ago. The old timers still think this way.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
That's most likely what he was thinking. I told him my lower end is good for 500 crank hp and that I was only shooting for about 450 crank but he wasn't having any of it. Told me I need to build the bottom end or it's going to blow up and then he's gonna tell me "I told you so". I don't think he realizes the power of modern day tuning. I think you're right, they are stuck in their old school ways man

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, you should build it from the bottom up but there's a lot of guys out there running nothing but blower and they haven't blown anything up yet so who knows.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah honestly if I can snag a 03/04 bottom end believe me I will. I know they can handle a shit load of power all by themselves. His biggest freak out point is that my car has 145k on it and I'm the 9th owner... Solid points but I feel as tho I'll be fine. I think my clutch would give out before the motor. Idk this may cause a big snafu in the build lol. Really not wanting to piss off the old man in this. I'm sure you understand that

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Well it's been 7 months since I've updated this thread and I've done a decent amount since then. I guess lol.. But the biggest thing is what I bought today... After much teetering back and forth about what I wanna do to my car I've finally found myself dead set on a custom turbo build. I have tons and tons of resources to help me out, I have the entire list I need to finish it up, now all I need is the money. But I pulled the trigger and on today, the day I quit my job, I bought this beauty...

It's a Turbonetics (obviously) T72/68 .81AR. Plans are to run CG Fab hotside (can get a good deal on them through local shop), CX Racing cold side, Turbosmart 50mm bov, Turbosmart 40mm wastegate (also get a good deal on them through same shop) and an aeromotive 340 in tank. I'll get some 42's and a blow through style maf and I'll pretty much be set. It's a very large list lol and I know once the nickle and dime phase gets here I'm gonna cry but I'm dead set on doing this. Then next year (or so) when I can get a lower end I can bump up the boost a bit :) I'm super stoked for this build to begin

yes! this is beautiful lol... good luck with this man cannot wait to see the finished product.. love seeing the few putting turbos on our stangs.. beautiful thing

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
You ever figure out the gas mileage problem?

Yessir I can't believe anyone remembers that it was a bad tune. I got a good tune on it and mileage went back to about where it was. Still a little lower but I'm not gonna complain about 2mpg. All in the tune man!

yes! this is beautiful lol... good luck with this man cannot wait to see the finished product.. love seeing the few putting turbos on our stangs.. beautiful thing

Haha thanks man. I can't wait either believe me on that! But I'm not sure it'll be ready for this season. I may have to gather parts and build it next off season. We'll see how it progresses. And yessir 2v FTW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online