King cobra clutch or just a heavy duty P/P?

smasher41

Reaction score
hey guys, i just picked up a clutch today, i was told it was the king cobra "valeo" version but i though the fingers had indentions in them? Im tempted to bring it back and get a centerforce D/f cause its not too much more.

here is what I got, keep it cause it IS king cobra or bring the $225 imposter back?

S4010065.JPG

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Never heard of a Valeo KC, Id just get the real deal FRPP KC clutch.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Centerforce DF clutch = shit

I had TWO of them come apart on me before I wised up and realized I will never, ever, ever buy one of those pieces of shit again.

OP
OP
S

smasher41

Reaction score
guess ill pass on that one then LOL

my car has roughly 300 hp, and i dont plan on running juice or a blower in the future. I guess this clutch will be fine for what i need.

OP
OP
S

smasher41

Reaction score
Id like to get the frpp version and know what im getting, but im supporting my local stang shop, and its either stick with this one, or pony up the extra $100 and get the centerforce.
Ill need a clutch soft enough for a Daily driver, and able to slip it a bit for heavy traffic ( ATL sucks)

the clutch I currently have is identical to this one, I was kinda hoping to upgrade while im at it, not just replace it.
Everyone else reccomend i bump up the the centerforce? Im using a Fidanza Al flywhell and have 290-300 rwhp

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a real king Cobra clutch. I think it is awsome. Great feal, great bite, not to heavy so the wife can drive it if she wants to.

On second thought get a McCloud with a 3,000lb presure plate.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I've had TWO come apart on me, one of which put a hole through my bellhousing. No thanks. CF clutches are junk. I'm not the only one I know who has had this problem.

Cobra clutches have heavy pedals, but are pretty cheap and work reasonably well. Valeo made the clutches that Ford put in their cars, and in fact my $1000 McLeod Street Twin uses two simple valeo discs. I think the clutch you have is probably fine. If you insist on buying a new one, I would just get a McLeod or Hayes or similar - but NOT a Centerforce piece of shit.

Paul.

OP
OP
S

smasher41

Reaction score
Fryrice said:
Knock knock .Did you see my post ?
Yep, i sure did,
looking at summit's picture, thier king cobra doesnt have the notched fingers either.
One reason i want Valeo king cobra and not a ford racing, Valeo has 1 year warrenty agaist defects, ford racing offeres zero warrenty once box is opened.

Fryrice

Reaction score
FRPP does have some weird warranty issues.

BTW- The KC is only heavy for a hundred miles or so. After that it feels like stock once it broken in.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I disagree, I've had several KC clutches, and they do NOT feel like stock, even when broken in. The one in my notch has 5000 miles on it and it is heavier than the twin disc in my 94, and heavier than the stock one in my 95.

Paul.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I had a KC for about a month. It was crap. McLeod or Ram are the only way to go.

OP
OP
S

smasher41

Reaction score
truuble,

Did your pressure plate look like mine or did it have the notched fingers?

Im trying to see if i was sold the wrong product for way more than it should cost.

thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online