KYB GR-2 Struts and Shocks

ALITL8

Reaction score
are these any good. ive got a blown strut and need to replace them with something designed for a lowered car. i dont really want adjustables just cause i wouldnt mess with it on top of the price... good god, $500+ for shocks and struts?!?!??! i can get these on Ebay for $179+shipping?

97blackgt

Reaction score
i was looking into those also..let us know how it goes

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
well i'd like to know if anyone else has used them and how they worked for them. ive got the Pro Kit springs and the KYB's say they are designed to handle no more than a 1.5" drop. seems like theyd work but i dont want to find out the hard way that theyre a POS :dunno:

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Bilstein struts and shocks are the way to go on a lowered car.

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:

you didnt read my first post did you?

BILSTEIN SHOCKS STRUTS FORD MUSTANG 94 - 04 FREE S&H
BUY IT NOW! $535.00

Pennywise2

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
Pennywise2 said:

you didnt read my first post did you?

BILSTEIN SHOCKS STRUTS FORD MUSTANG 94 - 04 FREE S&H
BUY IT NOW! $535.00
Hey man if you can't afford Bilstein's then so be it.
That is a great deal on the KYB GR2's I would get them.
I seen alot of people have good results with the KYB's go for it.

scootin95gts

Reaction score
yah i got the gr2 up front and the kyb gas-a-just out back it rides good up front but the back its really stiff i dont know what is causing this cuz the shocks are still good and its a little better since i added a little thick tire but overall they are good for the money

Rantheman

Reaction score
GR2 are not bad I am running KYB AGX in the front and I love them I have them set on the sceond to last soft setting with my sportline springs

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
scootin95gts said:
yah i got the gr2 up front and the kyb gas-a-just out back it rides good up front but the back its really stiff i dont know what is causing this cuz the shocks are still good and its a little better since i added a little thick tire but overall they are good for the money

from what i read on the gas-a-just they appeared to be a heavy duty shock... that might be why its so still in back. is you car lowered and how long have you been running on the KYB's?

Rantheman said:
GR2 are not bad I am running KYB AGX in the front and I love them I have them set on the sceond to last soft setting with my sportline springs

i looked at the AGX... theyre pretty pricey as well but might be my second choice as they are less expensive than the Tokico Alumina's or the Bilsteins.

LR98Snake said:
I bought my KYB GR2's from another website and I paid 173 shipped for front and back. http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/basket.php Check it out.

hey man, thanks for the link! every penny counts!!

L

LR98Snake

notta prob. I'm waiting on the fronts to show up. When they do, I'll put'em on.

scootin95gts

Reaction score
well alitle8 they were on the car when i got it 6mo ago so i dont know when they were installed but im guessin about a year ago after that and about 1miles ride time

scootin95gts

Reaction score
not really sure on car when i got it i think they might be eibach cant see any writing on them so im guessin

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
scootin95gts said:
not really sure on car when i got it i think they might be eibach cant see any writing on them so im guessin

from the looks of your pics on cardomain it looks like you might have the Pro Kit. i think im gonna order these... hell, if they dont work out at least i'll know what not to buy ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online