Latest Haul Thread..

Black Ice

Reaction score
mygreengt said:
IMAG0566.jpg

thats all of my stuff so far, minus microfibers and a few other things. hopefully i will be adding blacklight and v7 by the end of the week.
When you get that blacklight and try it out please lmk i am wanting to get some. And post lots of pics.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up a Grit-Gaurd pad cleaning system and a Highline II Paint thickness meter. I will try and get some pics up this weekend!!

Nacho98

Reaction score
How much was the paint thickness gauge?

Also, does it measure the thickness of the paint+clear or just the clear? I imagine for two stage paint, it's kind of useless to know how thick the paint itself is.

vibrantred5.0

Reaction score
Well heres my latest haul! P/C 7424xp, five different pads, pad cleaner and conditioner, petes 53, g6, v7, jetseal 109, m105, m205, megs show car glaze, polishing compound, invisible glass, ultimate quick wax,ultimate wash and wax....and a tire brush!
5744897613_053b519517.jpg

vibrantred5.0

Reaction score
mygreengt said:
djk83 said:
Nice score Jason
hell yes! i just saw his car yesterday and it already looked good! cant wait to see it with perfect paint!

Won't be perfect ha it is my daily driver....its got its flaws....ha but yeah I can't wait either!

Nacho98

Reaction score
Man, that's a serious score dude, I'm definitely jealous!

Sinned83

Reaction score
I picked up some Shag Rag Towels from Justin along with a few applicators for wax and dressings

Nacho98

Reaction score
Just scored a Porter Cable XP for $106 with no tax and free shipping from AutoGeek. Use MD15 as the coupon code for Memorial Day. It's just the machine/wrench/counterweight with no backing plate, but that's still waaaay cheaper than getting the $150 + shipping machine/backing plate from CG.

I think the coupon code only will work for four more hours or so, but it also says you can't use any other discounts with the machine since it's already on sale, but I just did. Score.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Nacho98 said:
Just scored a Porter Cable XP for $106 with no tax and free shipping from AutoGeek. Use MD15 as the coupon code for Memorial Day. It's just the machine/wrench/counterweight with no backing plate, but that's still waaaay cheaper than getting the $150 + shipping machine/backing plate from CG.

I think the coupon code only will work for four more hours or so, but it also says you can't use any other discounts with the machine since it's already on sale, but I just did. Score.
Yeah AG has some decent sales but I started out with this kit http://www.chemicalguys.com/Porter_Cable_7424XP_Foam_Pad_Kit_Car_Buffer_p/buf_209.htm
They cant beat that deal with those products and the backing plate. The pads are $8 a piece. plus our 5% discount I was getting a year ago from CG.

Nacho98

Reaction score
They can beat it actually--http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html This kit has all the same stuff as the CG kit (granted 6.5" pads vs. 5.5" pads), but you get to choose your pads. With the 15% coupon, you're out the door for $170...that's a pretty good deal. Personally I want the Hexlogic pads though in 5.5" sizes, so I just scooped up the machine.

If you take the PC @ $106 from Autogeek and then head over the CG and load up your cart with the rest of that kit above and 5% off (which is almost certainly what I'll do with some pad changes and no towels), with shipping (to my zip anyway) it comes out to $87, or out the door for $193 grand total vs. $200 out the door for the whole kit from CG...pretty much the same, but hey $7 is a bottle of clay luber or whatever.

Both are good kits though, and I looked really hard at the kit you linked above...only reason I didn't get it was because I'm not excited about the towels they usually throw in, but most importantly I don't need a black pad, and want another white pad instead. Maybe they could've swapped for me on the phone, but I dunno. I just figured I'd be out another $8 for an extra white pad if I got the kit, and have one I didn't want.

I'm just gonna pick up the 5" backing plate, the pad luber/cleaner, and 5.5" orange/white/blue pads, and two reds and I should be set.

Either way you can't really go wrong IMO.

OP
OP
mygreengt

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
djk83 said:
Nacho98 said:

Yeah AG has some decent sales but I started out with this kit http://www.chemicalguys.com/Porter_Cable_7424XP_Foam_Pad_Kit_Car_Buffer_p/buf_209.htm
They cant beat that deal with those products and the backing plate. The pads are $8 a piece. plus our 5% discount I was getting a year ago from CG.
thats what i got too. pretty good 1 stop shop kit

vibrantred5.0

Reaction score
mygreengt said:
djk83 said:
Nacho98 said:

thats what i got too. pretty good 1 stop shop kit
+1

2v_takeover

Reaction score
Thankfully I just got mine from AG. Got a sweet deal on PC XP with a couple pads, swirl remover, sealant and a couple bonnets for 185 shipped all the way to canada! Thank god for Memorial day sales. So excited to try it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online

No members online now.