LED License Plate Bulbs *pics*

Reaction score
Nothing amazing or outstanding but I'll post the results.

led_tail_1.jpg

New Bright White LEDs

led_tail_2.jpg

New Bright White LEDs

led_tail_3.jpg

New Bright White LEDs

led_tail_comp.jpg

New Bright White LEDs on LEFT, OEM bulbs on RIGHT

(2) Bulbs - 194/168 - I believe I ordered the semi-focused ones - not the multi-headed bulbs from http://www.superbrightleds.com I know what everyone is going to say from the last picture - "it looks blue!" - Trust me, it's not in person - that is a comparison of how yellow our bulbs really are. Use the first picture as a base being that it's white and my car is white (backdrop).

Is it tons brighter? No. Noticeably brighter? Barely.
Is this the most amazing mod ever? No, but it's certainly not yellowish anymore.

Ciotti

Reaction score
The last pic only makes it look blue because your camera was probably trying to white balance from the yellow arse OEM bulb. Those white led bulbs look great against that white paint, I went with ricer $3 red bulb covers back there to match the red tail lights...

lrg_RightRearClose.jpg

RightRearHigh1.jpg

97WhitePony

Reaction score
If you would have bought the 5 led bulb, you would notice a dramatic difference in brightness. I have them and they are night and day compared to yours (no offense). Still a great mod to do!

Mustang68

Reaction score
that blueish white look is what they call a purer shade of white..

looks good to me.. makes me think of doing it myself.. LED's for the win..

OP
OP
N
Reaction score
led_tail_plate.jpg

Here's the light distribution on the plate.

97WhitePony - Ya, I figured. I'm not disappointed with the output, but it's certainly not brighter than OEM - just cleaner color.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
I was planing on doing this to mine this summer sometime. I think it looks better than the yellow crap Ford threw on there.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I just put in some new LED lights for mine to b/c one of my bulb lenses was cracked and they were getting pretty dim. Figured if I put some new ones in now it would prevent me from getting stopped by the po po b/c of a plate light out.

OP
OP
N
Reaction score
So, I forgot I ordered two sets of bulbs in order to try both beam patterns - below is the 4 bulb - I'm keeping these in instead, quite a bit brighter on the plate.

led_tail_4bulb.jpg

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
lol am I the only one that tinted mine so the people cant see my plate # ??? haha

lol, both of mine work, but are so dim that i actually got a ticket for not having any license plate lights

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online