Let's talk tires

BlackMachDown

Reaction score
Ok this weekend id like to go to discount tire and get some tires installed (finally), I am running 18x9 and 18x10 saleen replicas, on them i still have 295/35/18 bfg comp t/a (slippery tires), 265/35/18 kumhos (not bad). What I want to know is What is a good tire to put on them that isn't going to break my bank, I really like the bfg kdws but at 1400 installed NO THANKS! The tires are going to be for me to drive around on, no track use what so ever. So as cool as Drag Radials are I really wont use them. The car is relatively stock so I dont have to worry about traction too much. What do you all recommend, Also if i can get a better deal ordering online then I can wait till the tires come in. Thanks guys

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
i paid $87* Kdw's 265 and 295, plus $80 for balancing and mounting.

But $1400 is too much.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Try Kumho SPT. Pretty good performance tire for the dollar, and also pretty cheap through tirerack.com

Kumho SPT is 790 shipped to you through tire rack in your size. I assume that location under the screen name is your actual location.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
BlackMachDown said:
where did you pay 878?

im trying to find the websites. i know i bought the 265's on ebay and the 295 form a tire dealer from FL. but i cant remember the name of it and i just took my car to the tire place and paid $80

i spent about a week to find them this cheap.it was well worth it

ReplicaR

Reaction score
SPTs are cheaper for the same size, even after shipping, by about 50 dollars. And since both of them have almost the same exact specs as far as tread ware and traction goes, I suppose they perform the same as well.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
SPTs are cheaper for the same size, even after shipping, by about 50 dollars. And since both of them have almost the same exact specs as far as tread ware and traction goes, I suppose they perform the same as well.

yeah... they are both pretty much the same.

I was looking at the SPT at America's Tire but they were a little more expensive than the 555's.

i would buy my tires online to save money but i like being able to take my car in and get free Rotations and Balances when ever i feel like it :dancing6:

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Through TireRack SPTs are way cheaper than tires.com. I used to buy tires from the store, but that was back when I had VWs, and 205/15 RT215/RT615 were not that much. The only thing I hate about my mustang is the price of tire, and how fast it wears it. Oh well, atleast I did not go 18s.

OP
OP
B

BlackMachDown

Reaction score
but they look so freakin sweet!

anyways i went with the bfg kdw in the rear and the kumhos in the front, up next are the 275/50/15 drag radials for the strip

cepowers18

Reaction score
So far, I'm really liking my Yokohama S-drives. They're a good high performance summer tire and with the right kind of driving can be used all year round... that is, depending on where you live. Not too pricey either.

I put them on my 17x9 Saleen replicas. Sweet looking :thumb: