lil squeekin noise

4point6GT

Reaction score
wut can it be, it comes from under the rear, im sure it has to do with the suspension, all i kno its comin from rear. aint that bad but still annoyin jus hope my engines noise over powers it cuz if it dont, how embarassin :(

ALITL8

Reaction score
sound like a styrofoam ice chest? probably control arm bushing... thats what mine is/has been doing.

best fix... UPGRADE O0

ALITL8

Reaction score
4point6GT said:
damn atlast a reply :banana: thanx , sounds like it

you bet man... good lookin car btw! my next sn95 will be a laser red, then i'll have red white and blue O0

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
awesome man, and thank you! :).......so would gettin LCAs n UCAs probably fix this problem right ? anything else I should upgrade that has to do with this lil problem?

ALITL8

Reaction score
4point6GT said:
awesome man, and thank you! :).......so would gettin LCAs n UCAs probably fix this problem right ? anything else I should upgrade that has to do with this lil problem?

that should take care of it. im replacing my lowers because i think thats where the squeeking is. ive heard that for street driving you want to keep the stock uppers, something about binding :dunno:

have you had someone push down on the car while you look and listen?

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
yup when they push down on her ass she squeeks haha....ok get LCAs n keep the stock uppers O0

Passenger

Reaction score
Its def the control arms. I replaced mine last week. UPR uppers and lowers. Everyone said to keep the stock uppers, which may be true, but you need to atleast pull them off and inspect the bushings. Mine looked like they had exploded. haha. If thats the same case for you, FRPP makes replacement uppers.

ALITL8

Reaction score
Passenger said:
Its def the control arms. I replaced mine last week. UPR uppers and lowers. Everyone said to keep the stock uppers, which may be true, but you need to atleast pull them off and inspect the bushings. Mine looked like they had exploded. haha. If thats the same case for you, FRPP makes replacement uppers.

thanks, i'll definitely be taking a close look at the uppers while we're under there... dont want to have to do it twice :D if mine are gone, i'll probably go back with factory stock replacements. most of the dealerships around here carry them and they're cheap!!

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
same here, will be gettin new stock uppers if bad n probably MM lowers or wut are sum good lowers ???? thanx btw!

Bluesn95

Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me the reason for keeping the uppers stock ?

black_96gt

Reaction score
I HAVE UPR UPPERS AND LOWERS WITH NEW BUSHINGS IN THE REAR ITSELF. ANOTHER BIG IMPROVEMENT WAS DOING THE BATTLEBOXES. LOTS OF LABOR AND TIME BUT THE REAR SUSPENSION IS UNBREAKABLE IN THE CAR. THE QUAD SHOCKS CAN BE REMOVED WHEN YOU RUN UPPER AND LOWER ARMS. A FEW SMALL WELDS ON CERTAIN BODY SEAMS UNDERNEATH ALSO STRENGTHEN THE CHASSIS. THE UPR ARMS ARE QUIET TOO. I HAD TWO STYLES OF ARMS, BOTH MADE CHRIPING AND POPPING NOISES BECAUSE OF THE BUSHING MATERIAL AND THE WEAK TORQUE BOXES... O0

Passenger

Reaction score
I've got UPR's on mine as well. No complaints. Feels alot more precise and very quiet.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
MM has standard and adjustable rear LCAs, wut ones should i get ?

CanaryGT

Reaction score
It depends on if you plan on going to the track a lot. The Adj are better for the track while you can save big money on the Non-Adj if you are just mainly street. Also, just go with the LCA from MM because of the quality of the build. And why keep stock uppers? Its because of the bushings and the movement allowed. Maximum Motorsports website has the exact low down of why...

Bluesn95

Reaction score
Mine broke around the bolts 2 months ago. Notice the cobra rear sway in my sig. When stuff breaks I upgrade. Cash is hard to come by otherwise Id find something to break every week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online