lincoln mk8 engine.

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
Just tell the machine shop you need the exhaust port ported...I would try to find a shop that does work on modulars, not all machine shops are all that familiar with modulars even though they've been out for years.

My exhaust is from an 03-04 cobra, I have an IRS installed.

OP
OP
C

copmagnet

Reaction score
ok, you guys are awsome here, oven on allfordmustangs I was frowned upon for asking questions.

but I have more questions now. I was talking to american muscle about new suspension/springs/shocks/struts, and they asked why I was looking into new suspension and I told them I'm putting a cobra motor in and he told me it wont work unless I also get the cobra computer, and a bigger tranny...he said my tranny would blow under the power..

while I was talking to him I asked about my sterring wheel going left and right about a quarter inch without my wheels turning and he said it was because my front end alignment was off..but my alignment is perfectly straight..what could cause my sterring wheel to wobble like so? I have a slightly negative camber on my front driver side tire, could this cause the loose steering wheel?

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
Those guys at american muscle..."smart guys".

What does your suspension setup consist of as of now? A 96-98 cobra/mark viii motor weights just as much as a a 2v since the block in a 2v is iron and cobra is alum. Your weight will remain mostly unchanged.

Your stock computer will run the cobra/mark viii motor, you just need to extend a couple of sensor wires and of course get it tuned so it will run correctly. You can also use the stock coils and ignition wires along with the brackets that hold them in place. You might just need to actually get 4v spark plug wires but I want to say the 2v wires will work.

Transmission from the 2v will work for the 4v just fine.

As for you steering wheel having too much play its either your rack and pinion that is worn out, rag joint could be worn out, or tie rod ends.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
american muscle is great for tech support on which antenna is the shortest. other than that, i suggest getting tech support info from a company not in the resale side of things.

you're basically asking a check-out clerk at Sears for tech support on properly refurbishing your torque wrench... they arent gunna have any idea what you're talkinga bout. lol.

the T45 is a strong-ish transmission. theres a guy on this forum named Matt and his T45 ran until he put slicks behind it. I put my T45 back on my car with 500 horsepower.... the T45 was also used in the 1996-1998 cobras which make 305HP from the factory. what you are doing wont be much further than 305HP.

as for the computer, when i did my swap, my tuner said "we can tune it with the 1996GT computer. But it would be much easier to do it with the cobra system." so i swapped computers. for your swap, it would be rather difficult and cost prohibitive to swap the computer system as well.

as for your steering wheel, chances are, after 15 years your steering rack has gotten old. If you have an alignment place nearby that wont rape you, go get your camber adjusted to simply rule that out. You can also ask them about the problem and they could probably give you better advice, seeing as they can actually see the car. lol.

as it was said in this thread before, call a different company for tech support on your suspension.

I, personally, love maximum motorsports.

maximum motorsports: 1-805-544-8748

I, personally, hate steeda

Steeda: 1-954-960-1449

Here are a few other options:
Stang Suspension: 1-877-279-7487 (ive used them, and love them.)
griggs racing: 1-707-939-2244 (never used them, but they have a high quality product)

OP
OP
C

copmagnet

Reaction score
AWSOME, I'm calling right now.

just got off the phone with maximum motorsports, HUGE HELP! I loved the rep I was talking to, he helped me out with package pricing, exactly what things I should replace first, etc. amazing!

how does this look for suspension?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/4cacapl.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach-sportsystem-9404.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/rear-control-kit-7998.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/subframe-connectors-7904.html

kinda putting off my motor build, but..my car will handle alot better, and will be more suspension ready to handle the cobra motor when I get it and get it in.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well. my thoughts:

i prefer name-brand quality. and of your parts i like the eibach kit, but i would put on MM c/c plates. I am uncertain of J&M's quality, but that bearing in the c/c plates is the most important part. If J&M has the same quality of MM, than go for it.

otherwise, the other parts look good. there are definantly "better" parts out there (for s/f connectos and LCAs) but for your power output, you wont need them...

Anchor-Room

Reaction score
Just curious, the guy that you are talking to about the motor, is his name Justin, lives on the peninsula?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online