Lincoln mkviii engine build questions

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
Alright I've always dealt with pushrod engines, I got a steal on this 4.6 4v out of a Lincoln mkviii. I have no idea what in doing lol. Will a 96-98 cobra intake fit? What cams can I run? Should I change the rotating assembly out? I'm looking for 300ish n/a, with a Procharger sometime soon. I would like 550rwhp when it's all said and done. Will factory cobra cams do the job? Should I worry about porting the heads? Long tubes, or shorties?

Help out this old school mind, I am young but never really got into the mod motors.
Are there books out there I can go buy that are worth my time? What companies should I look into for parts?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
For 550rwhp your going to need aftermarket rods and pistons. Stock stuff is a grenade pass 400rwhp. Cast or forged cranks do not break although the cobra 4v come forged. The cobra intake will bolt directly to the heads. Long tubes are always a must with any engine. Cobra intake cams are the most sought out for stock replacements, exhaust cams are the same between lincoln and cobra.

300 n/a rwhp can be had easily. 550forced will cost mo monies.

The n/a 4v guys are claiming 400+ rwhp these days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online

Members online