line lock break questions

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so for anyone that cares if/when the time comes I want to do a burn out for show or the track, I am installing it now while everything is apart.

also forgive the bad pics my camera died yesterday and will be looking for another shortly.

I got the hurst roll control system and the mustang hook up kit. I would prefer not to use all the different lines/fittings to make it as clean as possible. I rented the line bending kit from autozone and was able to bend the stock line over 90 degrees to meet where the line lock is but the stock end is bigger then the input in the solenoid so I need a reducer. I returned the bending tool and bought a line cutting tool, and rented the flairing tool so I can cut the line shorter and flair it too fit back into the stock end. After looking through all the adaptors it occurred to me that with the flaring tool and line cutter that I have enough space on the stock line to cut the flaired end off, remove the adaptor and insert the correct end for the solenoid. And when I cut the line to go from the solenoid to the stock end, cut it off and again swap the ends so it would again fit the stock end. Does this sound like it would work assuming I have the right flaring tool? And with that question, didn't realize there is a standards and metric flaring tool which one does ford use?
9423981401149782-87f7068381.jpg

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
That's what I did when I did my brake lines. . I used a standard set didn't know they had metric. Just make sure you do a double flair. .

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the line size. . I used new line it was also standard size jut my fitting were metric now that I think about it..

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the line size. . I used new line it was also standard size jut my fitting were metric now that I think about it..

ok so I am confused. Take it back and exchange it for a standard kit or just use the metric? It seems like it has a fairly tight fit on the line, might just try it out and see what happens as worst case I will just cut that flare off and do it over again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online