96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
vamuryny.jpg

Here we go folks!
You will need
2- 357mag shell cases
1- 3/8 drill bit (brand new sharp)

First step is to remove the door lock stem be unscrewing it untill its removable.

ubuvany5.jpg

Second step is to remove the stems grommet by working it up and not damaging the doors vinyl. Use very thin but stong strips of steel or, what I used, 2 dull pocket knifes. Being careful not to damage the vinyl, work the sharp edge of the blade under the grommet, while lightly prying once under. Working all around the grommet with the same method essentially working it completely out. You are not in a race and have plenty of time so...be patient. Use 2 dull knife blades if necessary.

Third step is to take the 3/8" augur bit and drill out the grommet so the shell will slide freely. Enter in from the bottom of the grommet, using your hands holding the grommet in a towel/shop rag/t-shirt and drilling the augur bit with the other. Take your time not to force the drill through but applying pressure while drilling out the plastic. Drill shapness is key here! Once its through check the shell fitment. Most likely it will not fit.

e2a3ezym.jpg

Forth step is to take that augur bit (I bought mine from tractor supply) and in a filing motion, "file" the plastic out untill the shell slides freely. Understand that being invasive is not desired. Take your time and keep test fitting the shell.

Fifth step, work the little flapping edges on the grommet back out so that when you re-install the grommet, its good and snug like stock.

Sixth step, re-install grommet and door lock stem.

Seventh step is mating the 357mag case to door lock stem. This is easily done with epoxy or equivalent. I used body filler. I just squirted some into the case and shoved it over the stem.

Eighth step, allowing the epoxy/body filler time to setup or cure.

When cured, adjust the desired locked height by screwing/unscrewing the shell. If it dont go down enough, try cutting off a small portion of the stem.

jyzy5yqa.jpg

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I figured the community would enjoy this one.

Brass and chrome shells are about the only choice for colors.

Above118

Reaction score
nice write up,i did the same with my locks,except in 5.56. also did my xbox controller in .38 spl. Gotta love the subtle touches.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online