long tubes or shorty's on a 96?

White 96GT

Reaction score
well it looks like us with autos are stuck to flowtecks and hooker. I've heard that BBK has some that work but I don't remember. Any way my Question is if I get flowtech longtubes then do I have to use the Flowtech x-pipe? Also don't mac Headers work with autos? If so I'd rather go with a mac LT and O/R H setup with my flows than a x-pipe setup

Adam

Reaction score
One of the things the Flowtechs came with was a 3bolt adapter. So if you have a slip fit style h or x pipe, you can use it. The Flowtech X is 3 bolt design and just bolts to the headers. With the adaptors they send, they will work with any brand headers. Its a nice bonus but I woulod think they would want you to use their X too :dunno: They came with O2 extensions, header bolts, gaskets....pretty much evertthing yo uneed. Also make sure you order a T-bolt clamp ($4) so you can clamp the slip fit together like in this pic. I put a bit of high temp red permatex on it and clamped it....done, that was almost 3 years ago and no leaks. Here is a pic of everything you get.

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP

96stangerGT

Reaction score
well i think ima take these shorty's off and install a set of g tubes FTW....

blackfang

Reaction score
That's exactly what I got.

I believe BBK's will work if you move the drivers side o2 sensor bung to the outside of the header and cap the original bung.