Looking for Wheels

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ballistic, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Ballistic

Ballistic Active Member

Been looking for wheels, haven't found many i like, was wondering if anyone had any good ideas and photos.

I can pick out wheels for my trucks pretty fast but cars are harder for me..

I was looking at the TSW valencia wheels in Matte Black

Link to them: http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_valencia.php

But they only come in a 18x8 and 18x9.5 and wondering if that will look wide enough gotta have that ass..

Anyway any other ideas and pictures would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

I take it you're wanting to venture out of normal replica wheels correct? [MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION] always has some pretty cool ideas

3. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

What's your budget? :D

Unfortunately there seems to be a large gap between cheap replica and custom forged wheels... Well for nice staggered fitment with good offsets. If you can cough up the change, ccw is probably the most affordable custom wheel.

4. Ballistic

Ballistic Active Member

Kinda, I kinda like the 03/04 cobra wheels, but are a bit dated.. Im liking big lips now..

Thinking no more than $300/Wheel, dont want to drop loads of money into the wheels, already did that buying fuel wheels and 37" toyos on my truck..

I do like [MENTION=9338]chris91[/MENTION] wheels on his, see his in his sig all the time lol

What about for the TSW wheels do a 20x10 in the rear and a 19x8 or 19x9.5 in the front would that work?

5. Orange 94

Ask [MENTION=17070]Tony[/MENTION] about 19" and 20".

Personally, unless you're going super low I wouldn't do 20s. 19s are hit or miss.

6. chris91

chris91 Well-Known Member

You dont want XXR's, they are cheap garbage.... If you cant buy 2k dollar plus wheels for your 20 year old car then dont bother...

Im kidding, but thats the mentality of A LOT of people these days. Personally I would buy XXR's again and again over a high dollar set of wheels if you daily drive it. People will tell you they will break and your car will explode and burn to the ground because of the wheels. Yet the wheels in pics that are broken they fail to mention the person slammed a curb at 50mph or hit a crater. Only thing I can say from personal experience with my XXR's is the fake two piece bolts will look like shit after a year or so. If I was to do it again(I bought my wheels and tires used for $550 with 2k miles on them!!) I would buy the ones without the bolts or just buy a set of the nice bolts to throw on them.

7. Tony

Tony Legend

[MENTION=19732]Ballistic[/MENTION] you would LOVE tsw mirrabeau's. a 19x9 and 20x10.5 would look great! just need to get it low enough.

8. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

I'm not a big fan of TSW but the ones Tony posted look pretty sweet. I personally wouldn't buy anything with fake bolts... I just think that's lame. If you want some cheap wheels that are different, look at varrstoens or hop on the xxr bandwagon.

9. 5-oh-MUSTANG

5-oh-MUSTANG Well-Known Member

Love my Godspeed omegas and theyre deep dishes. They have bolts but i just learned u can take em off.

10. whiplash473

whiplash473 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Matte black wheels on that gorgeous car? I'd go chrome if it were me. Black tends to bring the whole "shine factor" of brighter colors down.

11. Ballistic

Ballistic Active Member

I was thinking about maybe painting the lips gloss black, not sure yet, everyone i know that has gotten chrome wheels these days have nothing but problem with them even when they drop 500+ per wheel..

Im still looking and figuring out sizes and pricing, got a manager friend as les schwab helping me now. few more people said do the 20 rear and 19 in front but im leaning for all 18s just to make it easier need to flip few some more wheel catalogs..

Decisions Decisions

12. whiplash473

Do they drive them in winter in northern states? I actually don't remember seeing a set of wheels get shitty on this site. Just protect them like your paint and you'll be fine.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 6 Plus

13. Orange 94

I hate chrome. The chrome wheels I've had have been exposed to winter though. I also don't like black wheels.

I'd much rather have painted. Look better and super easy to maintain.

14. sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95 Well-Known Member

Xxr's are cool for a while but if you have the $$$ go for something a little better.

Also everyone has mustang reps so im happy you are straying away from those

15. rz5.0

rz5.0 Legend

I was never a fan of black wheels but I have some matte black on my 03 and I really like them. .

16. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

I was the same but when I put some black wheels with a polished lip I really liked them, then I went with all black Saleens reps and surprisingly really like them too. I was always into polished or brighter wheels but the darker colors are so much easier and hide any brake mess between washes.

I may do a set of XXR's next time I need wheels just because they are soooo cheap $$$$.

17. myk

myk Member

OEM 17" 96-98 GT wheels...

18. Cpotts13

Cpotts13 Well-Known Member

I like the xxr 531's myself. stay away from the cookie cutter mustang rims imho.

19. chris91

chris91 Well-Known Member

That's what I'm picking up in 18x9.5/11.

20. whiplash473

I'm just not real big into spokey wheels like most XXRs. For a muscle car I think some form of a 5 point wheel looks best. To me, spokey wheels like XXRs should be on rice-machines.