Looks like Ford and GM are gonna get stomped...

Sinned83

Reaction score
If it put out by Chrysler it guaranteed to be a shitbox. I'd take a 14 cobra over it.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
:laughing4:

Were you expecting an american car to do anything other than go in a straight line?
For 60k it should do well in a broad range gt500 can take turns and the zl1 has a steering wheel as well. If I want a car that is only good at one thing I will build it.

the.greg

Reaction score
Bottom line is that with 99% of the people that buy this type of car, they will brag about 1/4 mile times and that is this car's biggest selling point since it is the fastest muscle car ever.

Don't worry, I'm positive the Hellcat will stomp your sn95 cars on the Nurburgring, for those of you that don't seem to think this can take a turn :p

But I haven't seen any posted lap times yet.

I don't have the means to afford a car of its caliber right now, but I am not a brand loyal, closed minded fanboy. I like Mustangs an awful lot, but I have to admit that this car seems to have an awful lot to offer. Honestly if it wasn't for the 8spd auto, I doubt it would be much faster if at all, than the outgoing gt500. Dodge knew what they were doing and are marketing it pretty well, I hope that Ford brings out something to shut SRT up in 2016 as its unlikely to have an answer with the '15 model.

RichV

Reaction score
:laughing4:

Were you expecting an american car to do anything other than go in a straight line?

Maybe the Hellcat, but ...

That's a bold statement. Showing your open track experience, or lack of. S197 platforms have been stomping or at least been on par with import/euro high end cars in straights and corners. I'm not so naïve to think all imports or euro are bad, or can't compare to a S197, but a base V8 GT is much less cost in most cases to compared to a equal import/euro.

None the less, I'd pimp the GT500 or a Boss over that land barge.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe the Hellcat, but ...

That's a bold statement. Showing your open track experience, or lack of. S197 platforms have been stomping or at least been on par with import/euro high end cars in straights and corners. I'm not so naïve to think all imports or euro are bad, or can't compare to a S197, but a base V8 GT is much less cost in most cases to compared to a equal import/euro.

None the less, I'd pimp the GT500 or a Boss over that land barge.

In regards to my open track experience...

It-s-over-9000-its-over-9000-29849302-496-370.jpg

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
If you really think that boat anchor is going to hang... im sorry but I'll have to laugh at you. It's going to be the same like it always has been with the muscle car wars. Mustang/Camaro 1st or 2nd depending on the reviews and then the challenger in last. Chrysler thinks just because they slap a supercharger on a hemi that its going to be the baddest thing on the block yet they forget to do a decent suspension so the Challenger just gets spanked around a road course. My guess is that it wont hook at the track (just like every other challenger on street tires) and maybe run mid to high 11's from the factory with your average driver. Thats just my best guess seeing as ive done 0 research over this car but i would have to say that its exactly what im looking at.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online