Low budget coilovers

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^ this. If you're considering the $700 ones you're not that far away from a good quality set.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fwiw, I got my rear coilovers for $300 shipped and the fronts for around $400 with cc plates. Which is right around the price of the racelands however I guarantee mine ride better than any of the cheaper brands ever will. Also, that's with adjustable shocks/struts so I have even more adjustability. Did I mention that my rear coilovers are actually coilovers... not some spring with an adjustable perch that remains seated on the control arm advertised as coilover.

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I want the adjustability of coilovers without the cost.

There's your problem. You have to pay to play. Go with used mm/bilstein/koni/whatever. Not raceland, not "SR performance" (aka american muscle's chinese-made house brand)

Caboose302

Reaction score
I know this is a month old and you probably made your mind up, but I just bought Strange Adjustable struts, Hypercoil 10-350 springs, and Strange Coil over kit for BARELY over 500 from summit racing. Only $40 more than Raceland and twice the quality. For an extra hundred you can get the MM kit with the Strange Struts.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
why would turning coilovers all the way up make the ride stiffer? Maybe I'm missing something but the spring isn't any more or less compressed regardless of the height setting.

also MM.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
why would turning coilovers all the way up make the ride stiffer? Maybe I'm missing something but the spring isn't any more or less compressed regardless of the height setting.

also MM.
Not sure why but it does. Car bounces all over the place but its a stiff bounce not a honda bounce lol. Probably because the shocks raceland provides suck at stock hieght but do their job when lowered.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online