Lowering: How low can you go without CCP's

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I don't know at what height will exceed the stock suspension ability to compensate. But using drop spindles will give you a lower height without affecting the front geometry.

Jake

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
If it's not lowered very much, you can get the caster/camber adjusted at an alignment shop without using aftermarket ccp's

07GtS197

Reaction score
I have steeda sports on my 02 gt without cc plates with no alignment issues. Someone else asked the same thing recently on moddedmustangs and the opinions were all over the place. The concensus, imo, is that it varies from car to car but its probably best to buy cc plates just in case.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Used to hang out with a guy whose car was dropped at least 2". I remember the wheels being pretty much tucked. He was aligned on stock plates. I think they drilled the rivets to get some movement and a couple other tricks I'm sure.

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I did my '96 1.5 " with Steeda spring kit and it would eat tires until I put the CC plates on it to get the alignment right?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago I put on Latemodels brand springs (SVE I think) - which was not much of a drop, and I could not get aligned without CC plates.

So, every car is different. I would get with maximum motorsports and just be prepared to buy them, unless you've got the dough for new tires all the time :)

OP
OP
delling3

delling3

Reaction score
OK, so it seems that some folks do just fine without camber caster plates, and others find them a necessity. I picked up a set of BBK lowering springs. They are supposed to lower 1.5 ". I figure it might be a little bit more since I have a convertible. So, I guess I will buy the CC plates. Is the brand critical here? Pretty big price spread between the high and low end stuff, but it seems to me that once the suspension is set, the plates aren't going to impact the performance of the car. Am I missing something? I am also seeing a lot of talk about bump steer. BBK has some offset bushings for the steering rack, which they claim eliminate bumpsteer, and I know others have other solutions. Do I need to add something to my shopping list?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Best way to take care of the bumpsteer is with a bumpsteer kit.

Let me know if you want Ccp’s. I’m selling my ccp’s that are installed but never driven on. I have a brand new bumpsteer kit but will probably end up needing it. I’ll make a few calls and see if my new setup is gonna need them. If not then I’ll make ya a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if it isn't something you need today/tomorrow just keep your eyes open and you can get a good brand used for significantly less.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I had my 01 lowered close to 2" and never ran a bump steer kit. The only reason I have one now is MM says you're supposed to have it with their K member. And the parts car I raided already had it installed. So IMO you don't need one with the BBK springs. As for the plates, I've always run MM there as well. But I wanted the 4 bolt set up as I knew coilovers were in my future. But I've never had a problem with them. Out of all my friends that I knew that ran them only one had an issue with a bearing failing. A call to MM and they sent out a new plate right away.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a big proponent of Maximum Motorsports for the CC plates. You should not need a bumpsteer kit unless you are super competitively autocrossing and really need the steering correction. I did not notice bumpsteer w/ just springs. To be honest I barely noticed it with the K member and stuff, but I have a kit on there now anyhow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online