Lowering spring help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GT3FC, Oct 13, 2014.

1. GT3FC

GT3FC Active Member

So I got my ebiach sportline Springs today and started installing them... Everything was going fine until it came time to pit the tie rod back on... The stud that is part of the tie rod has a castle nut that holds it tight but the castle not will only go about flush with the stud then it just turns the stud... Also a dumb question but I want to be sure. With the ebiach sportline Springs do the shorter fatter Springs go on the back and the longer slimmer Springs go on the front or the other way around?

2. OnyxCobra

OnyxCobra Legend

if the stud is spinning the only way to stop that i think is to seat it more solid and maybe use an impact to turn it on. Not sure why you removed the tie rod though I've never had to do that. Also the springs should only fit one way, the longer springs that are the same diameter all the way down are the front springs and the shorter ones with the little pig tail at the bottom go on the rear. both of the rear pig tails should point towards the drivers side when installed.

3. D3VST8R96GT

D3VST8R96GT Well-Known Member

I guess I could have labeled the boxes I'm sorry man.

4. GT3FC

GT3FC Active Member

No problem man... And the instructions I was reading told me to remove the tie rod end