Lowering Spring Picture Database (add your pic)

Finale-gt

Reaction score
image_zps68633070.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ford racing B springs, Koni STR.T street shocks & struts with new Energy Suspension isolators. Pic taken after approx, 50 miles, may settle a bit yet. This setup has totally transformed the way the car rides and steers

robb15033

Reaction score
Just had my Ford B springs installed with KYB shocks/struts. Top stock isos were fine so there in. with heater hose on the bottoms. Which worked really good. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Especially if it settles a little. This was an hour after install. I did not want it slammed. I like that look, but it's just not for me.

Before:

After:
Looks great. I installed same parts. Had to add some more parts to keep car stuck to road when turning at high speeds, steady when going straight at high speeds, eliminate odd tire wear, and occasional clanks, by installing the good old bumpstop kit and X2 balljoints.

robb15033

Reaction score
image_zps68633070.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ford racing B springs, Koni STR.T street shocks & struts with new Energy Suspension isolators. Pic taken after approx, 50 miles, may settle a bit yet. This setup has totally transformed the way the car rides and steers
If you get a moment someday soon, I would like to hear what you have to say about the install, parts used, getting aligned, ride quality, ect.. Looks Great!
Thanks.

Finale-gt

Reaction score
The front strut top nuts were an absolute ***** to remove, they came off eventually with an impact gun, everything else went without a hitch. The steering creaked and groaned terribly before the install but is all quiet now. My Mrs hated the ride quality before because it bounced and wallowed all over the road with the slightest of bumps/pot holes in the road, she would hold her boobs for the entire journey, she's fine with it now. As for the alignment I haven't done anything with it, to be honest the camber/caster seems to be ok still. I'll keep an eye on tyre wear.

robb15033

Reaction score
The front strut top nuts were an absolute ***** to remove, they came off eventually with an impact gun, everything else went without a hitch. The steering creaked and groaned terribly before the install but is all quiet now. My Mrs hated the ride quality before because it bounced and wallowed all over the road with the slightest of bumps/pot holes in the road, she would hold her boobs for the entire journey, she's fine with it now. As for the alignment I haven't done anything with it, to be honest the camber/caster seems to be ok still. I'll keep an eye on tyre wear.
I am confident that if you reach out to Maximum Motorsports and provide suspension parts already installed, they will recommend bumpsteer kit, X2 balljoints, and posiblr adj lower control arms.

Finale-gt

Reaction score
I bet they would. But if I can get away without them, then I can spend my money on new headlights a chin spoiler instead ;-)

robb15033

Reaction score
I bet they would. But if I can get away without them, then I can spend my money on new headlights a chin spoiler instead ;-)
Got Ya!! It's all good, as long as that extra $$ doesn't end up going into replacement tires or choppy rides over cracks in roads.
-Which headlights you want to get??

Finale-gt

Reaction score
As for the suspension, I keep scraping my cats on the speed bumps at work so I'm looking to fit bigger wheels to compensate and pick the car up slightly.

Finale-gt

Reaction score
I've checked under the car, and the track rods run at the exact same angle as the lower arms, which I have read on line, this is what you want to achieve with bump steer kits. So I assume I don't need one. Bonus! As for tyres, this is my toy so I only do about 3-4k miles per year. So they'll last a fair while too.

Evilgt

Reaction score
Here is mine with the AM springs. They are great for daily driver use however the spring rates are a little soft for open track use. I plan on changing them out for something with more spring rate.

Even being cheap springs they work ok for open track use. Not perfect I bet they would work better with bigger sway bars.

Wheels Ford 03 Cobra's. Tires 275/40/17 front and 315/40/17 rear.

AzzLyp

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but did anyone use H&R Race springs? Not the ss's. The red Race springs. I have some sitting in my garage about to go on tomorrow and I'm really curious what to expect on a 98 gt vert.

V8from978

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but did anyone use H&R Race springs? Not the ss's. The red Race springs. I have some sitting in my garage about to go on tomorrow and I'm really curious what to expect on a 98 gt vert.
I've been running these for a couple months now. Its a stiffer ride, but I pair them with Bilsteins so they're very smooth. Have you installed them yet? Did you use all of the isolators?

AzzLyp

Reaction score
I've been running these for a couple months now. Its a stiffer ride, but I pair them with Bilsteins so they're very smooth. Have you installed them yet? Did you use all of the isolators?
I did install them. I like them quite a bit. My wife has the blue ss H&R springs and they're softer than the race springs. I think I like mine better. Not too stiff at all and the stance is pretty nice. I did use all of the isolators but I may remove the fronts because the 32v I'm installing this weekend may raise it a little bit.

KDerekT83

Reaction score
BEFORE:

SideView2.jpg

AFTER:

stang4-1.jpg

stang6.jpg

stang5.jpg

EIBACH PRO KIT, WITH ISO'S...KYB AGX ADJUSTABLE GAS SHOCKS/STRUTS

for you guys that suck at searching. just read and keep your eyes open. I bought a Eibach Prokit today at work for 149.99 ( I get a hell of a discount cause of experience, position, etc..) and wanted to see how my 94 GT will likely sit. The answers are there. OP, your car is gorgeous btw.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
for you guys that suck at searching. just read and keep your eyes open. I bought a Eibach Prokit today at work for 149.99 ( I get a hell of a discount cause of experience, position, etc..) and wanted to see how my 94 GT will likely sit. The answers are there. OP, your car is gorgeous btw.

Man I can't believe my car used to look like that lol. Thanks for the props, here is how it looks today:

Tomwas

Reaction score
Put Manzos on my car, found them on the interweb... Seem to ride good and handle well... Cheap too, just over $100 bucks shipped.. Got insulators separately... Drop of at least two inches.. Did red lettering on my tires too, wanted something a little different and went for it....20200515_164054.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online