lowering spring/shock/strut help

mattmathis

Reaction score
I have a 94 GT that I want to lower 1.5 inches. I have looked at the kits etc, and read past posts. From what I can gather reading, you can add lowering springs with the stock shocks and struts on. But when I ask around at local shops etc Ford Place included, they act like I'm crazy.

What do all you guys do?

Thanks in advance!!!

RichV

Reaction score
You can.

Ideally you'd do a kit of some sort, but you can use the stock 20 year old shocks.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
the car is not going to ride or handle to it's potential with the stock struts but technically you can use them as they have no effect on the spring install.

OP
OP
mattmathis

mattmathis

Reaction score
Ok, I changed the title because I'm having such a hard time deciding what tires and wheels to go with I've come to the conclusion that maybe I'll spend that money to get new shocks and struts and have it lowered. Maybe that will make my decision for wheels/tires easier.

What is a decent, without going overboard brand for shocks and struts? And will I need to get specific ones since I"m lowering the car also?

Thanks again!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
a lot of people like Bilstein, I've had great luck with my Tokico Illuminas. All the aftermarket struts are set up to work with lowered cars so you'll be fine.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I have a 94 GT that I want to lower 1.5 inches. I have looked at the kits etc, and read past posts. From what I can gather reading, you can add lowering springs with the stock shocks and struts on. But when I ask around at local shops etc Ford Place included, they act like I'm crazy.

What do all you guys do?

Thanks in advance!!!

i run H&R race from a 99-04 Cobra fronts and Steeda comp rears. I am about to change to H&R super race rears. I run Bilstein HD's on all 4 corners. It handles like a dream

And will I need camber plates with this? Thanks!!

my drop was more then 1.5" which is the normal for needing CC plates. Somehow my alignment was dead on when measured and has stayed dead on after 2000 miles.

20140222_141906.jpg

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have just pulled H&R Race springs and Tokico Blue HP's off my car. I'm going to sell them, if you are interested. They were on my track car, ran a couple events, and maybe 5000 miles (at the most) of street driving. Nothing wrong with them, I switched to coilovers. I just need to clean them up and post a FS thread. Not sure if this is something you would be interested in. There's no adjustability as they are not coilovers, but they rode pretty nice. Somewhat aggressive but still easily streetable. Just throwing it out there. Not sure where you are located, shipping might suck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.