LT header install...

94 DropTop

Reaction score
i about to do this to my vert. what on the brace has to be modded??? Can you show me a pic by chance?

Nacho

Reaction score
I think he's talking about about the x-brace that verts have under the tranny. If so, you won't be able to run it. You'll have to get rid of it and just run the other small one that goes across.

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
i did mine on a hoist and it wasnt too bad...driver side was easy from the bottom just jack up the motor a couple inches...but the passenger side was a bitch i had to put it in from the top but it was very difficult because the starter didnt allow enough clearance between the tranny and body to slide it through. i had to remove the tb and a few other things and jack up the motor to get the right angle. and that egr tube was a pita too i had to bend the shit out of it but it worked out...

:thumb: great setup with the prochamber

94 DropTop

Reaction score
is the x-brace just acouple bolts? if so thats just extra weight out of the front anyway.

94 DropTop

Reaction score
O well it dosent look like i have a choice can anybody give me a pic of what the long tube look like under the hood. i want to get some references for when i install mine.

Nacho

Reaction score
Steve-Oh said:
94 DropTop said:
is the x-brace just acouple bolts? if so thats just extra weight out of the front anyway.

With a vert you kindof need it. The lost rigidity from the lack of a top is made up for with that brace.

Problem can easily be solved with some subframe connectors. O0

Gustang

Reaction score
i'd take it to a shop. i tried to put my l/t's in myself a couple months ago and couldnt do it, so i had to pay to get it towed. not worth it

94 DropTop

Reaction score
im not going to pay someone $450 to put them on. if i do have to have it towed there is a shop down the street from me were i could tow it. got to love AAA. :)

Win

Legend
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
Snakebit said:
RIO5.0 said:
I have Mac LTs...The drivers side is gravy....Slides in from the top. The pass side I had to slide in from undermeath, I undid the motor mounts, using a 2X4 block under the oilpan I jacked it off the mounts, pushed the motor over to the drivers side and got the header in...Left the starter in place to...Pass side was more of a hassle but nothing to killer....Set aside an a/noon and youll be good to go...
You have the O2 extensions?

33177.jpg

Nice pic of that excellent exhaust
Thats a sweet setup, would love to have that on mine. Must sound awesome.

Nice subframe's and Exhaust

I personally would do it myself but thats me. I don't let anyone touch my cars......Thats what you get when your a mechanic for a living you see the way people do shotty work and when you have to fix it you will only touch your car. So unless you know someone and trust them get a friend and the 2 of you do it one weekend of afternoon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online