LT header install...

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by Bill94vert, Mar 20, 2006.

1. 94 DropTop

94 DropTop Well-Known Member

i about to do this to my vert. what on the brace has to be modded??? Can you show me a pic by chance?

2. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

what brace are you talking about?

3. Nacho

Nacho Active Member

I think he's talking about about the x-brace that verts have under the tranny. If so, you won't be able to run it. You'll have to get rid of it and just run the other small one that goes across.

4. SVTGizzi

SVTGizzi Member

i did mine on a hoist and it wasnt too bad...driver side was easy from the bottom just jack up the motor a couple inches...but the passenger side was a bitch i had to put it in from the top but it was very difficult because the starter didnt allow enough clearance between the tranny and body to slide it through. i had to remove the tb and a few other things and jack up the motor to get the right angle. and that egr tube was a pita too i had to bend the shit out of it but it worked out...

:thumb: great setup with the prochamber

5. 94 DropTop

is the x-brace just acouple bolts? if so thats just extra weight out of the front anyway.

6. Steve-Oh

Steve-Oh Legend

With a vert you kindof need it. The lost rigidity from the lack of a top is made up for with that brace.

7. 94 DropTop

O well it dosent look like i have a choice can anybody give me a pic of what the long tube look like under the hood. i want to get some references for when i install mine.

8. Nacho

Nacho Active Member

Problem can easily be solved with some subframe connectors. O0

9. Gustang

Gustang New Member

i'd take it to a shop. i tried to put my l/t's in myself a couple months ago and couldnt do it, so i had to pay to get it towed. not worth it

10. 94 DropTop

im not going to pay someone $450 to put them on. if i do have to have it towed there is a shop down the street from me were i could tow it. got to love AAA. :)

11. Win

Win Legend

Nice subframe's and Exhaust

I personally would do it myself but thats me. I don't let anyone touch my cars......Thats what you get when your a mechanic for a living you see the way people do shotty work and when you have to fix it you will only touch your car. So unless you know someone and trust them get a friend and the 2 of you do it one weekend of afternoon.